Author: happyjourney

Solar Eclipse in China! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-11 10:12:35 |Display all floors

Astronomers from around the World will visit China

Astronomers from around the World will visit China in the desert where they are guaranteed dry weather to observe the solar eclipse.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-12 19:35:18 |Display all floors

Can I see the view in Tianjin,China?

Work hard with quality to catch up with Britain and the Unit State in 15 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-14 20:47:23 |Display all floors

More than 500 foreign stargazers to observe total solar eclipse in east China

More than 500 amateur astronomers from overseas have booked their hotels in Haiyan County in east China's Zhejiang Province to see a total solar eclipse this month, Zhu Jin, chief of the Beijing Planetarium, revealed on Tuesday.

The foreign stargazers, from the United States, Denmark, Germany and other countries, together with Chinese amateur and professional astronomers have chosen the county because it will be the best spot on the globe to see the July 22 eclipse.

The county is at the highest point on the coast of Hangzhou Bay and the local rainy season has already passed, which will promise a clear and open view of the eclipse, which is estimated to last for nearly six minutes.

The Haiyan County government and Chinese Astronomical Society (CAS) are ready for receiving domestic and foreign observers. The county has set up several observing posts.

China will be the only country where this solar eclipse can be seen in its totality - when the moon comes fully between the earth and the sun and blocks its rays. The most recent solar eclipse in China occurred on Jan. 26 this year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-16 14:33:54 |Display all floors

A fortune in a relatively short human life.

It is really a fortune to observe the solar eclipse which is fermenting around the world. Many people in Chinese observation zone are waiting for such an exciting moment.  Human life is transient in comparison with such a long peroid of astronological phenomenon. How fantastic the nature altered contrastly! Day and night shifts alternatively within an hour. As to fine eyes, we may find abundant miracles among plant sand animals. The eerie behaviors of poultry would be notable for sake of sudden change from diurnal light to nocturnal dusk. It was said the ambient temperature around us would drop down because of lower heat when sun beam was totally reflected by Moon.  The invaluable expericence is of importance in our life?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-17 11:05:26 |Display all floors
if i  can take the life time lasting to the next 300 years,  i will try my best to open my MIMI eyes to find out the sun and the moon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-19 23:01:14 |Display all floors
solar eclipse,an  old saying :" dog eat  sun in the heaven".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-19 23:19:43 |Display all floors

Here

in Chengdu it is dark most of the day

will we notice the difference?

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.