Author: yuan_zcen

Can Shanghai overrun Hong Kong? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-5 17:58:14 |Display all floors

Hong Kong's political system is better

A clean and efficient government matters most in the market economy.
In mainland China, there is too much corruption, monopoly and unfair competition, which will greatly hinder the economic development if left unchecked.
www.chinatopsi.com, an expert translation agency

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 18:58:17 |Display all floors
Shanghai has been very outstanding

The question is, will Guangzhou be able to surpass Hongkong in the next 5 or 10 or 20 years?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 18:59:00 |Display all floors
Hong Kong will not be surpassed by Shanghai.

I voted for this. Hong Kong will keep its unique political and economical status in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 19:02:58 |Display all floors

regardless INTERNATIONAL port or not...

eventhough HK is famous an international port for all major brandname designers, eatin heaven, and gamblin but shanghai will take on HK by storm, 'cause not only shanghai is the oldest & largest city but a modern city with all the hubs are in placed to make deals with foreign investors (HK is just too tiny)...and shiftin the HK financial district to shanghai is laready half way thru the process (i dont see any obstacles do YOU)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 19:06:48 |Display all floors
I voted for Hong Kong. Hong Kong is unique, historically and geographically.
If you compare China with a residential house, I consider Hong Kong the main entrance to China (or the door to the outside world).
Because of it's bi-lingual population and because of it's historical experience it is still the "gateway" to China.
I do not think that for the foreseeable future Hong Kong will have to give up this position to it's closest rival Shanghai.
Compared to Guangzhou, Hong Kong has the advantage of being a huge seaport and having one of the biggest international airports.
Guangzhou cannot compete with that. 1/3 of the Chinese economy is concentrated in the Pearl-River-Delta, a natural hinterland
for Hong Kong. Shanghai is lacking such a highly industrialized hinterland.
:)

[ Last edited by nemnaniat at 2009-7-5 07:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 19:18:19 |Display all floors

you're an ol skol with good intention...

Originally posted by nemnaniat at 7/5/09 06:06 AM
I voted for Hong Kong. Hong Kong is unique, historically and geographically.
If you compare China with a residential house, I consider Hong Kong the main entrance to China (or the door to the out ...

*i'm just your contrary...i like new THANG (very soon shanghai will be the windows of the world or a super megamall if you will); new is fresh & crispy  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 19:25:59 |Display all floors
They are quite far apart in a huge country.

Maybe both will rival for a long long time.

Comparing to the USA it seems like New York and Los Angeles.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.