Author: polaris1120

Why is Transformer 2 so popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-3 08:57:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-7-3 08:48
A Chinese Review of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (07/02/2009) (China Youth Daily)

"Watching Transformers 2 was undoubtedly an audio-visual feast.  Just like the first movie,  ...

Thanks a lot  for sharing. I like the review.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-3 13:32:16 |Display all floors
China like Megan Fox?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 01:56:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2009-7-2 17:28

Agree, even though these movies are often light on acting ability and story..... they appeal to our childhood memories and hope to cash in on them.

Robotech was my first real addiction to Ja ...

Yea my best friend has all the Robotech series on DVD and told me I could borrow them, I watched a few but it was much harder to get into them. I guess I am just to old to enjoy them all now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 02:13:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by murphycanada at 2009-7-4 12:56

Yea my best friend has all the Robotech series on DVD and told me I could borrow them, I watched a few but it was much harder to get into them. I guess I am just to old to enjoy them all now.

There are some newer series that you might be able to enjoy.

I actually liked "Full Metal Alchemist" enough that I bought the collection; very different from Robotech with a few "anime exclamations" that kinda of ruin the mood (anime exclamations= exagerrated expressions/emotional reactions)...... over all the story was very involving and unique though, even heart wrenching at times.

Cowboy Bebop was excellent, the old "Appleseed" movie, the first "Ninja Scroll" (adult), Beserk... to name some others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 05:29:49 |Display all floors
I think they are making a new vertion of full metal alchemist that follow the manga.

The first one at some point had to diverge as the manga wasn't complete.

It was good nevertheless, but i would like to see the origin

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 10:03:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by constance6891 at 2009-7-3 13:32
China like Megan Fox?

guys?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-5 10:32:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Aleh1811 at 2009-7-4 16:29
I think they are making a new vertion of full metal alchemist that follow the manga.

The first one at some point had to diverge as the manga wasn't complete.

It was good nevertheless, but i  ...

Thx, I will have to look into this :).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.