Author: polaris1120

Why is Transformer 2 so popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-2 20:25:38 |Display all floors

'cause the toys were made in PRC...

was it just 'cause they were usin the toys for the movie shoots or they actually were buildin large scale of the originals  

*china has huge a population to spend on this kind of money rather somewhere else off the coast of the USA  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-2 20:41:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-2 21:42:46 |Display all floors

transformer

I think the reason of its popularity has several aspects:
(1)Actually it costs a lot of money 150 million dollar which should have a wonderful image effect. The first
impression for me when i watched the movie is it's such real!
(2)As the author said, it's related to our childhood, we have feeling about thansformer, we're all missing them. We can find out something happened in our memory.
Enjoy the movie, you will get more after watching this movie!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-3 07:55:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whit3dov3s at 2009-7-1 17:47

Ye me too, i remember when i was a kid, i watched the japanese version of transformers. That time is was dubbed into chinese version. The animation series was so good i didn't wanted to end.  ...

Yea all japanese cartoons were much better then western ones in the 80s. When I was a child I was blown away how much better. I can still remember the first time I seen robotech as a kid. It actually had a real storyline and people actually got hurt in the cartoon. In western ones like GI joe everyone would be fighting but no one ever died or seemed to get hurt and that confused me. It seemed the japenese cartoons were more real to me as a kid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-3 08:12:38 |Display all floors

kingkong verses gozilla in little tokyo...

Originally posted by murphycanada at 7/2/09 06:55 PM

Yea all japanese cartoons were much better then western ones in the 80s. When I was a child I was blown away how much better. I can still remember the first time I seen robotech as a kid. It  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-3 08:28:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by daviddudu at 2009-7-2 08:42
(2)As the author said, it's related to our childhood, we have feeling about thansformer, we're all missing them. We can find out something happened in our memory.

Agree, even though these movies are often light on acting ability and story..... they appeal to our childhood memories and hope to cash in on them.

Originally posted by murphycanada at 2009-7-2 18:55
Yea all japanese cartoons were much better then western ones in the 80s. When I was a child I was blown away how much better. I can still remember the first time I seen robotech as a kid. It  ...

Robotech was my first real addiction to Japanese anime :). I have watched a few since seeing them in my early days and they are not as great as I remember (like most things in life)..... but definetly better than their competition at the time.

The U.S. had a few good ones with death as a component: Thundarr the Barbarian, Galaxy Rangers, Johnny Quest, etc...... but the U.S. censors restricted U.S. animators from depicting mass warfare death, as in GI Joe. So everyone ended up having a parachute or bad aim .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-3 08:48:06 |Display all floors

China Youth Daily has its own review

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.