Author: knight778

Why foreign products are always more popular here in china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-29 11:58:48 |Display all floors
As a chinese my top priority is chinese products,next is Korea, next is USA, NO japanese.
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-29 12:12:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by knight778 at 2009-6-27 09:05
Chinese people are prone to choose foreign products, is " MADE IN CHINA" no longer attractive to patriotic chinese?

Very interesting topic to kill time!

I think chinese people l ...

It really depends on the type of product. Name brand foreign electronics are more expensive in China than in other countries, but China has many knock offs and domestic substitutes. The problem, with electronics, is that these Chinese knock offs and domestically made products are poor quality (like others have mentioned due to quality control). As an example, my students were asked by another teacher in their exam which Chinese company had the best customer service in China and why? Most mentioned were Hai'er and Lenovo, but they were mentioned because of their ability to repair broken equipment. The students also mentioned that the rate of failure among these companies is significantly higher than their foreign competitors. Buying something that is prone to failure is not a good feeling, but it is a good sign that they offer good customer service (they are aware of the issue).

For clothing, well, check the clothes before you buy them and you should be ok. So this is purely a fashion thing. Chinese buying name brand foreign clothes just want to be cool (like people anywhere buying this crap).

Food is a whole different monster. After the milk scare (which hasn't fully rebounded even now) people only wanted to buy foreign milk. This was for safety, they did not trust the internal system for protecting people (also a sort of quality control issue). I still know some and see many people who buy only foreign dairy products, even though the price is very high. This is an issue the government needs to work really hard at fixing. From name brands to local markets, food safety is very important and I don't blame people trying to be safe.

There is no link here to patriotism, it is a sign of smart consumption. I mean how patriotic is it to support people who break China's agreement with the WTO and domestically produce knock offs, steal patents, ect? How patriotic is it to support companies who risk the health of the Chinese population? How patriotic is it to throw away you money on products that have no customer service and are prone to failure? If you want to be patriotic support companies that are moving forward, have good customer service, and are innovative in their fields. Support companies that comply with proper standards of production. If more people did this the sleazy companies would disappear and more people would be happy buying Chinese goods. Buy it cause it is "Made in China" is nationalistic, but not patriotic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 07:19:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by loststar at 2009-6-29 13:58
As a chinese my top priority is chinese products,next is Korea, next is USA, NO japanese.

Admirable patriotism, loststar, however I think you have your priorities a little wrong.

Often it is actually brands who set the high standards.
For example Canon, Nikon & Sony make cameras, and very good ones.
They are japanese brands but some parts or models are made in China.
I have some Canon cameras, the Cameras themselves are Japanese made, the batteries and chargers are made in China, but meet Canon's quality control specifications.

Generally speaking Korean electronic goods have yet to come up to the quality standards of the Japanese products, but they are getting there.
I would also suggest that some Korean brands may be better than some Japanese brands.

If the rest of the world did not purchase products from former enemies, then the English speaking world wouldn't buy Japanese, German or Chinese* products. The Germans wouldn't buy anything from the UK or USA, the Russians would not buy German cars, and the Koreans, Japanese, Russians, Americans, Brits and Indians wouldn't buy anything from China.

(* Include the Korean war and Russian and Indian border skirmishes to define former "enemies" )
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 14:44:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by knight778 at 2009-6-27 09:05
Chinese people are prone to choose foreign products, is " MADE IN CHINA" no longer attractive to patriotic chinese?

Very interesting topic to kill time!

I think chinese people l ...

i hardly buy foreign products if i have a choice though slightly lower quality & cheaper price.

Of course i buy tons of chinese tea, Renshen ,TongChongChow, Birds nests,etc la

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 14:45:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by uokiokok at 2009-6-30 14:44

i hardly buy foreign products if i have a choice though slightly lower quality & cheaper price.

Of course i buy tons of chinese tea, Renshen ,TongChongChow, Birds nests,etc la:vict ...

and your rubber girls are chinese brand or imported??

:lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 15:04:25 |Display all floors
because there are a lot of rich people in china!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 15:59:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by twotobe at 2009-6-30 14:45

and your rubber girls are chinese brand or imported??

Caring will answer this post???

:lol :lol

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.