Author: knight778

Why foreign products are always more popular here in china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-28 14:01:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 14:56:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huarenmalays at 2009-6-28 12:39
The foreign developed countries products supplier have invested lot of money in marketing & advertising in comparison with Chinese suppliers.
Thereby creating a perception among the Chinese audiences of higher quality in foreign product in comparison with Chinese products.

You are really unfair.
Before talking about the supply chain (I don't think suppliers do marketing....were you talking about distributors?), you should see the huge investment in R&D. Some foreign brands reinvest up to a quarter of their benefits in R&D.
In China, buildings collapse and cars don't even get 1 star in crash tests.... here is the main difference.
This is a cultural matter. Most of local companies just see immediate benefits, don't project themself into the futur  and rarely invest in quality or marketing.
This is also about norms and quality inspection as some forumists said.
But we are all trustfull regarding Chinese improvement, and if Korea or Japan were able to make it, why not CHina.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 19:03:04 |Display all floors
I have a good answer for you:
When I moved to china 7 years ago, I had to change my habit: where to buy clothes, where to eat, etc..
At the beginning, I liked to buy brand mark clothes: sisley, mexx, etc..wich where "made in china" products.
Lookt what happened:

ARMANI PULL: about 150 USD (sales): used 3 month then ruined. had to buy a new one

And ALL WAS THE SAME for all my clothes. the shoes (4-6 month -it was one two year before), the pants (recently I still gave them a chance: LOL a new trouser ruined after 3 days (no, I don't make sport with it, I just gently wear it to my work)

Now I had changed:
I wear some traditionnal clothes from my country in france:
ARMOR LUX pull: 90 dollars: 4 years and still looking new. The material is not synthetic, but traditionnal, strong, sane and very comfortable. the look is not so "in", but always can wear, it never out of fashion.they recently asked a japanese designer to relook their product (classic sailor pull and clothes, mainly in high quality wool), other brand too: SAINT JAMES..(classic look too)

After that I discovered that many many many things are the same here (clothes, furnitures, etc--) , and my conclusion is "china is cheap" is already a myth, and a system that lead peoples to waste and waste and waste with crap products.  For me, this has nothing to do with patriotism. I just take for me the best and the cheapest. And chinese product are not the answer of this equation. Furthermore, I'm horrified with the wasting the result of these low quality product (and especlially, the environmental impact). So you understand too, that dfor me, buy a good and cheap product is a way for avoid consummerism vicious circle,  and help protect the environment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 22:08:39 |Display all floors

Reply #2 huang262's post

Its much easier to make a product look better than make a nation's common concept change a little bit~~

haha
时运不济.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-29 04:57:29 |Display all floors
we can't say that all products "made in china" are bad quality ,
it depends on specifications required by the client .
many famous brand names producted in China , india , bengladesh, pakistan in cosmetics , electronics , clothes and so on.

Chinese people are attracted by foreign products because they are in a consumer society  and big foreign comp set up punchy strategies to attract chinese people ;
due to over population, the market will be not saturated in 20 years or 50 years , popopulation is young , so versatile and is always demanding of new products.
They are prescribers....
they buy fake products and they also are really to spend a lot of money to buy  "True" Diesel or Calvin klein jeans , even those are made in China .

fake, quality levels are  a heartache for many western countries as for chinese gvt .
china need to improve and we need to have international  legislation in this field.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-29 11:24:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by knight778 at 2009-6-27 09:05
Chinese people are prone to choose foreign products, is " MADE IN CHINA" no longer attractive to patriotic chinese?

Very interesting topic to kill time!

I think chinese people l ...

somehow, chinese ppl like big brands, especially the youngsters
s

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-29 11:55:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by knight778 at 2009-6-27 09:05
Chinese people are prone to choose foreign products, is " MADE IN CHINA" no longer attractive to patriotic chinese?

Very interesting topic to kill time!

I think chinese people l ...

The label of Made in China is not attractive to chinese because of :

1.A great number of chinese customer electronical products have poor quality, compared to japanese or usa.
2.Chinese company has no systematic good customer service ;

But China also has several brand companies like Huawei,Harer,but so mere.
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.