ain't  
ain't  
AHD:  [³nt]
D.J.  [e!nt]
K.K.  [ent]
NONENon-Standard (无词性)【非标准用语】
1. Am not.
不是
2. Used also as a contraction forare not, is not, has not,  and have not.  
也可用作are not,is not,has not 和 have not 的缩略语
用法:
The use ofain't  as a contraction of am not, are not, is not, has not,  and have not  has a long history, butain't  has come to be regarded as a mark of illiteracy and has by now acquired such a stigma that it is beyond any possibility of rehabilitation. However, it is used by educated speakers,for example, when they want to strike a jocular or demotic note,as in fixed expressions likeSay it ain't so  or You ain't just whistling Dixie.  · The stigmatization ofain't  leaves us with no happy alternative for use in first-person questions. The widely usedaren't I?,  though illogical, was found acceptable for use in speech by a majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey, but in writing there is no acceptable substitute for the admittedly stiltedam I not?  
ain't 作为 am not,are not,is not,has not 和 have not 的缩略语的用法已有很长的历史, 但是使用ain't 逐渐被认为是文盲的标志,这一坏名声目前为止还没有可能除掉。 然而受过教育的人也使用这个词,例如当他们想达到滑稽或通俗的色彩,如在固定表达Say it ain't so 或 You ain't just whistling Dixie 中。 于是ain't 的坏名声使我们在第一人称问句中没有满意的替代词。 广泛使用的anen't I 尽管不合逻辑,却在早期的调查中却被大多数用法使用小组的成员认为在口语中是可以接受的, 但是在书面语中还没有可以接受的用语来代替公认的不自然用语am I not?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.