Author: bantopost

Chinese company buys Hummer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-3 16:04:26 |Display all floors
better than buying US treasure bond
i am always the best one

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 16:14:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bantopost at 2009-6-3 02:27
The rumor mill is spitting out the news that GM has sold the Hummer brand to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in Chengdu.
So the first of GM's divisions goes to ...

shld AMERIKANS be allowed to POST HUGE LOSSES

& go HUNGRY by not SELLING???

why be so PROUD???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 17:58:05 |Display all floors

Even more risky business

Buying American companies are risky.

When Chinese companies buy stakes in American companies. They are playing on their grounds.
Manipulate their laws they will to favor their own interests.
It is not the first time.

Looking at the history, it is better if that one would serve to learn from others to build their own design of cars.
If the companies stick to tradition and design cars the way they do, then the price one will pay by purchasing such a company will be painfully obvious through time.

In the end it is imperative that the deal must be fully transparent  when dealing with American companies.

There is always a catch.
The problem is finding who is holding the cards to the catch.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-5 12:04:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bantopost at 2009-6-3 02:27
The rumor mill is spitting out the news that GM has sold the Hummer brand to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in Chengdu.
So the first of GM's divisions goes to ...

Hummer is oil tiger,ii's market is smaller and smaller.However in china,many rich man love the kind of motor it is sign of rich and fashion.I heard many coal mine owner bought 1~2 hummer per person.I concern where will Hummer go after sold to chinese,do we have related experience to manage this kind company.I know sales of Thinkpad notebook is donw from time bought by lenovo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-5 13:34:07 |Display all floors
if it is real, i think it's very well for china's company. It can help chinese comapny creat an world brand and improve international fame. At another hand, it can prove our company is becoming the level of world factory.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-5 13:42:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magneone at 2009-6-3 17:58
Buying American companies are risky.

When Chinese companies buy stakes in American companies. They are playing on their grounds.
Manipulate their laws they will to favor their own interests.
I ...

it is a risky, and means it is a chance that our company go out of china. they can creat nationality brand in interantional market.
it doesn't mean bad thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-5 17:53:50 |Display all floors

I read China is using USD & TBonds as collateral on loans

rather than a direct dump

nice move

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.