Views: 16568|Replies: 58

Chinese company buys Hummer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-3 02:27:10 |Display all floors
The rumor mill is spitting out the news that GM has sold the Hummer brand to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in Chengdu.
So the first of GM's divisions goes to China.
Is this a smart move?
Hummer's sales are down 67 percent  in 2009 and fell 51 percent last year. (The auto industry's worst drop)

More info here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/business/03auto.html?hp

[ Last edited by bantopost at 2009-6-3 02:28 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-6-3 02:30:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bantopost at 2009-6-3 02:27
The rumor mill is spitting out the news that GM has sold the Hummer brand to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in Chengdu.
So the first of GM's divisions goes to ...

a really great movement for the chinese industry
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 02:39:38 |Display all floors

what's the PRC gonna do with the gas guzzler...

the PRC is already announced that by 2012 all cars must be able & capable of 45mpg or more but no less, which is a stricter rugulation than the US itself under the allnew obama administration guideline  

*just dont tell me the PRC is plan to export back the gas guzzlers to america at a lower cost  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:01:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bantopost at 2009-6-3 02:27
So the first of GM's divisions goes to ...

sounds aweful....
who will buy Hummer in this down turn??? kinda wasting money....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:20:51 |Display all floors
They will make a nice addition to your country and they are already trail tested & hardened.....

They are what they are, and they are solid US work horses and have served her country well....

They will carry you and many many far on your journey, as they have carried US....

I also posted a picture of the vehicle that is taking the Hummers place....

I hope they post it for you....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:32:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Eagleclaw1 at 2009-6-3 10:20
They will make a nice addition to your country and they are already trail tested & hardened.....

They are what they are, and they are solid US work horses and have served her country well... ...

i love small cute cars... because: they are cute, they are cute, they are cute and they are cute... maybe safe more space on road/parking, save oil?? Most of all, they are cute...

why don't they buy Mini? so that i can afford one all by myself...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:50:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magicrus at 2009-6-2 20:32

i love small cute cars... because: they are cute, they are cute, they are cute and they are cute... maybe safe more space on road/parking, save oil?? Most of all, they are cute...

why don't th ...

Hummers are for work, "M ilitary", and it is b attle hardened and trail tested for any modern a rmy..... It has plenty of parts already available, and can be quickly produced, mass produced..

They will continue to be built in the US for now anyway.. But I am sure they will eventually make it home to you and be built there.......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.