Author: Mrdevil

The Importance of maintaining good relationship [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-3 09:46:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wendytran80 at 2009-6-2 23:35
Where are you from , Mrdevil ?

is it important to hv ur comment here...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 09:47:46 |Display all floors
There is an old saying in China, "we rely on our parents inside, and rely on our friends outside. " When we meet difficulties that we need to ask for suggestions ,we always think of  our friends first. When we have good things to share,we always share them with our good friends.

[ Last edited by soullingyun at 2009-6-3 09:51 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:04:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by broadscan at 2009-6-3 00:24
If Chinese are so bad according to people like Seneca, what are so many westerners doing in China? - you can't find love and friendship and many of you hate China and Chinese obviously.  

Beside ...

take it easy, pretty scan, maybe seneca sufferred from some bad chineses guy just like bad guys existed everywhere...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:12:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Mrdevil at 2009-6-2 14:53

the friendship will fade away with the interesting being gone...???

it's just the beginning.... then i guess the personality starts to work....
i got 3 friends for more than 12 years (i feel old by saying 12 years... )
our interests changed but we are still friends... we even shared some personal details with each other...
it's hard to explain.... how friendship works.... ppl said its difficult for a girl had long-term friendship and female, male could neve be friends... i got both, i feel so lucky... but i still dont know how thing worked out... :Q :Q :Q
if i knew, i could have more good friends

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:21:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-6-2 21:56

I think this has so far been the most intelligent contribution in this thread. Let me clarify as I deem right:

A laowai experiencing 'Chinese friendship' often feels he or she is taken advantage of. Friendship must serve a purpose or else, there is no friendship. Best examples: Marriages. Chinese marry out of convenience. Love and romance are luxuries reserved for a handful.

I will not make any comment on western friendship this time;let me believe that what I said about the impressions some westerners obtain about 'friendships in China' is a mirror-image of what they were expecting - and failing to find.

Then again, I am married to a Chinese person, and friendship is the most wonderful weapon in our arsenal. We both use it liberally, and we both feel nobody else would display as much friendship to each of us as the opposite number does.

But my wife is unique, and she says I am unique too. Likes attract likes even though we are very different from one another...

i love the first sentence very much! and thank you~!! :lol :lol :lol

some ppl think it's using friends.. but i prefer the word HELPING.... you contribute your kindness to your friends first, and get them back later... and when talking about 'back'... i'm not talking about money or other suffs.. 'Thank you' will do... i believe this may explain something...  :lol :lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:23:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by broadscan at 2009-6-2 23:19

What you are saying is your wife is one of very few (your word - "handful") Chinese who have love and friendship and ALL the rest of 1.5 billion Chinese don't love, beloved, don't hav ...

i think she/he wanted to say everyone is unique...
she/he's not mentioning any chinese or western ppl... at least, i don't feel offend... i'm a chinese, btw...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 10:25:10 |Display all floors
君子之交淡如水
A hedge between keeps friendship green

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.