Author: chinadaily

Shoud China continue buying US treasuries [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-3 08:11:44 |Display all floors

Reply #21 totothedog's post

I think this is the point,

Gong Liutang, a professor of Guanghua School of Management at Peking University, agreed, saying that China has limited choices for investing, with US-denominated assets still a "priority" considering overall risk and liquidity.

But they pointed out that China might have to adopt a "de-dollar" strategy if the US failed to restructure its economy by increasing the country's savings rate and reducing its current account deficit.

and this is what they have expressed to Washington.

The government and experts have expressed concern that Washington's mushrooming deficit, generated by massive government borrowing to fuel its economic recovery plan, and the ultra-loose monetary policy will undermine both the dollar and US bonds.

As the media predicted, the Geithner avoided emphasizing repeated US calls for revaluation of the yuan in his speech, mentioning briefly that a more flexible exchange rate regime would spur Chinese domestic demand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 08:36:19 |Display all floors
America will rebuild, restructure, rethink, regroup, and we will carry forward and carry on..

I truly wish I could speak more openly in here.....

America will repay its debt... The American people will see to it....

The Americans are changing and adapting and we will grow up again and soon... Our people are realizing some of our mistakes, and we are working them out now... Reality check, and everyone needs one every now and then... You have one coming soon and we might get cut off for a while.....

We have made mistakes before, and counting them, wouldn抰 point much out... But, regardless, we will pay our debts...

We also believe in the Chinese people, and it has always been you, that has been kept away or hidden away from US and the world... Maybe for a purpose, and maybe for a good reason, who really knows...

But out of mutual need and friendship, we are truly bound together now..

I as a American am Honored....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:21:19 |Display all floors

Mr. Eagleclaw

I wish you were Mr. Dovekiss, that is more peaceful and lovely than the bald eagle, a vulture.
Why?
A vulture such as the bald eagle makes me think of a cruel, exploitating, hegemonic, and aggressive  creature.  It is the opposite of a peaceful and gentle dove.  
The eagle likes to kill, it enjoys the blood and flesh of its preys.

Adolf Hitler liked the eagle also. I don't like Hitler. I don't like the american bald eagle.
I don't like the amerikan wars in korea and vietnam. These wars were cruel, irresponsible, aggressive and immoral.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:36:17 |Display all floors
No I want to give my opinion too: no , stop that druguse

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:53:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by myfriend at 2009-6-2 23:21
I wish you were Mr. Dovekiss, that is more peaceful and lovely than the bald eagle, a vulture.
Why?
A vulture such as the bald eagle makes me think of a cruel, exploitating, hegemonic, and aggres ...

Your lost in space and running out of air lost one...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 16:39:54 |Display all floors
Should not. U.S. dollars will be devalued.It is equivalent to that the Chinese spent money to support American's high consume if  the China government continue buying US treasuries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 16:48:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by totothedog at 2009-6-2 03:21
The fraudulent dollar has no gold backing. Instead it is supposedly a petrodollar; a claim on OTHER nations' oil.

Yet Iran has dumped the dollar. Russia has dumped the dollar and Venezuela dumps ...

OK to DUMP   USD la

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.