Author: xuwupen

do you think america will hit north korea? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-2 17:29:40 |Display all floors

Reply #6 Eagleclaw1's post

They won't use the boomers but might use the converted Ohio SSGNs after letting China and Russia know that no launch is against them. Really though, no need to do this as they have enough Tomahawk firing platforms available anyway.
Yes, I agree, it doesn't matter who spanks the child really, but the child will be spanked and I have a feeling that China will do her share of the spanking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-2 23:13:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-6-2 03:29
They won't use the boomers but might use the converted Ohio SSGNs after letting China and Russia know that no launch is against them. Really though, no need to do this as they have enough Tomahawk  ...

You are possibly correct... We don抰 actually know what will take place, when, or who will take it... I hope our worlds leaders are working hard to defuse this situation...

I do feel for the NK & the SK people, having visited SK, and knowing how many are still so tied to the north...

US Navy Public Information....

Guided Missile Submarines - SSGN

Description
Ohio class guided-missile submarines (SSGN) provide the Navy with an unprecedented combination of strike and special operation mission capability within a stealthy, clandestine platform. Armed with tactical missiles and equipped with superior communications capabilities, SSGNs are capable of directly support dozens of Special Operation Forces (SOF) in America抯 global war on terrorism.  

Background
The 1994 Nuclear Posture Review determined that the United States needed only 14 of its 18 SSBNs to meet the nation抯 strategic force needs. The decision was made to transform four Ohio class submarines into conventional land attack and Special Operations Forces (SOF) platforms. This allowed the Navy to leverage existing submarine technology while at the same time expanding capability to meet the current and future needs of U.S. combatant commanders.

The SSGN Program Office converted four SSBNs into SSGNs in a little more than five years at a significantly lower cost than building a new platform and in a similar time span. USS Ohio (SSGN 726) entered the shipyard on Nov. 15, 2002, completed conversion in December 2005 and deployed for the first time in October 2007. USS Florida (SSGN 728) commenced its conversion in August 2003 and returned to the fleet in April 2006. Conversion of USS Michigan (SSGN 727) started in October 2004 and the ship delivered in November 2006. USS Georgia (SSGN 729) returned to the fleet in March 2008.

The Navy entered into a unique partnership to bring the SSGN conversions to fruition. All four submarines required an Engineered Refueling Overhaul (ERO) in addition to extensive conversion work. Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Washington carried out the EROs for both Ohio and Michigan while Norfolk Naval Shipyard, located in Virginia, worked on Florida and Georgia. General Dynamics?Electric Boat was awarded the contract to convert the SSBNs into SSGNs and carried out that work within the Naval Shipyards-the first time such collaboration had been conducted. This first-of-a-kind partnership has proved highly successful. All four ships have been on time and on cost.

Each SSGN is capable of carrying up to 154 Tomahawk or Tactical Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles. The missiles are loaded in seven-shot Multiple-All-Up-Round Canisters (MACs) in 22 of 24 missile tubes. These missile tubes can also accommodate additional stowage canisters for SOF equipment, food, and other consumables, extending the amount of forward-deployed time for on board SOF forces. The missile tubes also promise additional capability to host future payloads such as new types of missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles, and unmanned undersea vehicles.

Each submarine has the capacity to host up to 66 SOF personnel at a time. Additional berthing was installed in the missile compartment to accommodate the added personnel and other measures have been taken to extend the amount of time that the SOF forces can spend deployed aboard the SSGNs. Two lock-out chambers (permanently fixed in the first two missile tubes) allow clandestine insertion and retrieval of SOF personnel. Both the Dry Deck Shelter (DDS)and the Advanced SEAL Delivery System (ASDS)can mount atop the lockout chambers, greatly enhancing the SSGNs?SOF capabilities.

During conversion, each SSGN received the Common Submarine Radio Room and two High-Data-Rate antennas for significantly enhanced communication capabilities. These additions allow each SSGN to serve as a forward-deployed, clandestine Small Combatant Joint Command Center梐 new concept that will be fully tested in the first few SSGN deployments.

The SSGN is a key element of the Navy抯 future fighting force. With its tremendous payload capacity, each SSGN will employ emerging technologies and bring a new set of mission and operational capabilities to the warfighter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-2 23:25:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-6-2 03:29
They won't use the boomers but might use the converted Ohio SSGNs after letting China and Russia know that no launch is against them. Really though, no need to do this as they have enough Tomahawk  ...

I replied...... I hope it is released..... I added some good "known" public information in my post regarding what you covered...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-2 23:32:32 |Display all floors

only if we have the brainchild of pee-vee herman...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 01:08:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xuwupen at 2009-5-31 18:34
do you think america will hit north korea? do you think this will lead the third wolrd war?now, global economy crisis is still serious. so some people say we need a world war to boost the econemy.  ...

i hope they do

but the great amount of empathy in most reasonable people tells us that this is just a little boy with a big toy who is hurt and hasnt gotten the attention he deserves, and so we all need to make him happy

the common sense in most rational people tells us that while his actions appear childish and menial, they ae calculated and probably represent the extent of his brain power,, he is using every effort to make this a serious threat, and should thus be irradicated with extreme predjudice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:40:50 |Display all floors

Reply #17 Eagleclaw1's post

I have a fair bit of knowledge about such things, better than most it's said. The US won't use boomers because that opens Pandorras box and we all know that story. The SSGNs and other Tomahawk platforms are the way to go. If need be, the B2s can sneak in and unleash hell also. Although the F117s are retired, they're in good storage at Davis Monthan and come be online again in days and fitted with PGMs. There are options, some of which offer plausible deniablity, like stealth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:42:01 |Display all floors

Reply #17 Eagleclaw1's post

I have a fair bit of knowledge about such things, better than most it's said. The US won't use boomers because that opens Pandorras box and we all know that story. The SSGNs and other Tomahawk platforms are the way to go. If need be, the B2s can sneak in and unleash hell also. Although the F117s are retired, they're in good storage at Davis Monthan and come be online again in days and fitted with PGMs. There are options, some of which offer plausible deniablity, like stealth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.