Views: 1509|Replies: 5

Would You Slap Your Father? If So, You’re a Liberal [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-31 13:58:11 |Display all floors
By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
Published: May 27, 2009

If you want to tell whether someone is conservative or liberal, what are a couple of completely nonpolitical questions that will give a good clue?

How’s this: Would you be willing to slap your father in the face, with his permission, as part of a comedy skit?

And, second: Does it disgust you to touch the faucet in a public restroom?

Studies suggest that conservatives are more often distressed by actions that seem disrespectful of authority, such as slapping Dad. Liberals don’t worry as long as Dad has given permission.

Likewise, conservatives are more likely than liberals to sense contamination or perceive disgust. People who would be disgusted to find that they had accidentally sipped from an acquaintance’s drink are more likely to identify as conservatives.

The upshot is that liberals and conservatives don’t just think differently, they also feel differently. This may even be a result, in part, of divergent neural responses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... 733a&ei=5087%0A
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 20:12:15 |Display all floors
I wouldn't put too much belief into it, as I personally meet their criteria that would classify me a conservative..... maybe in life, but certainly not political party (independent).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 20:27:32 |Display all floors

it's wrong

Yuan

i would like to treat my father in the same way as my father  treat my grandfather.

that's it.  so simple and easy.   

don't be foolish  haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-2 02:17:59 |Display all floors
No....... I would never lay my hands on my parents and I never have, and I would stand there like I have in my youth, and take the best they have to give........ Even if it wasn't always justified, but, in reality......

I got punished for somethings I did and didn't do "siblings", I also got by with no punishment a few times, when I should have been punished good, and real good...... So, I considered the scales of parental justice balanced, even when I didn't understand they were being balanced....

I honor my parents and will cherish all they are, and have been to me...

My father is gone now, and my mom is ageing, and I take care of her, like she once took care of me.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-15 14:55:10 |Display all floors
I'm afraid in China only the most impious person can be liberal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-15 15:04:31 |Display all floors
It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.