Author: anannyaban

Is Aus trying to bury racist attack? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-29 21:10:43 |Display all floors

Congrats

Originally posted by masood at 2009-5-29 21:00

Yes, there have been some terrible attacks.

However, I think emu was quite right in saying that many racist attacks are other ethnic groups.
In fact these types of crimes have increased alo ...

Originally posted by masood at 2009-5-23 14:14
Hello I am new person live in guangzhou for 3 monts.

hope can see with all you of person and have discuss

You've made such incredible progress with your English in the past 6 days that you've been awarded the

SPEED LEARNER of the DECADE award.

Your prize is a fake passport and it can be collected at the nearest KFC.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-29 21:37:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-29 21:44:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by masood at 2009-5-29 21:37

ha i feel a funny man.
Tahnks to you
My nephewed is write this for me this day.

I feeled some shy for that but its my really meaning .

This is my passioned subject from study in Austral ...

Give it up, emu, you're not even worth the pittance that your boss pays you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-29 21:50:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-29 22:05:14 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-29 22:09:33 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-29 22:22:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by anannyaban at 2009-5-29 22:54
The problem is in any country, a forigner can be subjected to a number of crimes due to its lack of knowledge of the society. There might be burglary, fraud, theft etc and he/she should be awar of that.

There is an issue of unfamiliarity. The areas where these attacks have taken place are lower socio-economic areas with a large number of migrants from poorer countries, high unemployment and drug problems. That's one of the reasons why foreign students live there, because the rents are cheaper.
As others have said (including police), the Indian students are easier targets because they are more naive, travel alone and are not as careful in keeping their valuables out of sight.
Some of the attackers have been thugs from african and chinese gangs, others have been anglos and europeans. These Indian students have not been attacked simply because they are Indian and the attackers hate Indians, it is because they are an easier target and the attackers are gutless cowards who can only attack those whom they outnumber.

Originally posted by anannyaban at 2009-5-29 22:54
These are by nature hate crimes. And untill the "good australian" citizens condemn them, they will never stop.

The "good Australian" citizens do condemn these attacks and have offered help to those Indians who have been affected.

I am the first to admit that there are racists in Australia and far from all of them are white anglos.
However this issue with the Indian students is more than simple race hate. It is opportunistic crime which needs an overwhelmingly aggressive response from the police to stamp it out. It also needs to see those likely to be targetted to take extra precautions.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.