Views: 4133|Replies: 2

Report for meeting of CD English Club on may 10 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-13 22:37:02 |Display all floors
Report for the Sunday’s meeting of CD English Club

14 members showed on May 10,  the number is much less than before, if u know Casear, u have already know the reason, if u do not know him yet, than do not miss the chance to know him , many surprises will wait for u.

We have 2 new comers , Carole, a lovely French girl, actually she is half France and half Chinese, she can speak fluent French and English ,but Chinese, I believe she will grasp her third language “Chinese ”soon.
Another new comer, Arthur , same lovely as Carole, what’s more, he is a boy , handsome and humorous boy, by the way ,he is not available, he has girl friend(another lovely girl of CD, but I would like keep it a secret)

Everything seems a little bit different from the meetings before, host Alhaji proceeded the a unique style by introducing topics from two articles on Chinadaily, it talked about the Chinese overwhelming dominance in table tennis and how to make table tennis more popular in the whole world , how to let more persons enjoy table tennis, not only for Chinese. The second topic, Changing bad habits in Shanghai, the 2010 EXPO in Shanghai is around corner, but the citizens has not realized that the bad behaviors such as spitting and littering in public places are ruining Shanghai’s environment, how to make Shanghai look nicer in front of some 70 million visitors in 2010 is becoming serious.

CD Members were separated by two teams, every member read the article and digested the meaning of papers as well.

Although I tried all my best to concentrate on my team’s topic, I can not help be Interrupt by the next table who girls talked about the”bad habits” heatly,  by the way, their are only two gentlemen in the girl’s table ,and they really enjoy the talking . I believe the next table would deliver a fantastic presentation.later, my prediction was proved, but I was surprised by their way of express their meaning too. The only two gentlemen gave us a show of How to be not gentlemen, talk loudly in public, cough and sneeze without any cover. Other pretty girls ,Joyce and Carole give us a show of how to be gentlewomen, opposite the behaviors of “gentlemen”, Ellie make a conclusion of the importance of good habits, we have to make  a more civilized city and a better place to live and work, the economy should be developed and people can get better income with a better live status, ,every one should be well- educated ,when the two solutions do not work,do not worry,  we have the third one, that is punishment. Be remember, we have to know how important it is to love our homeland by keeping good behaviors.

Perry started his presentation with a saying ”small Pingpang, big culture”, his topic is thoughtful and interesting, every one can not help to hear what he will bring us. Perry believe that Pingpang is a game, but some times beyond a game. When people talk about bastetball and football.,there are some idols and heroic stories that make people love them and the sports as well. May be we can make pingpang like a culture like NBA in US , instead of just make Pingpang be dominant in this field and sweep away all the champions of international tournaments, with this trend of dominance, Pingpang will be kicked out of Olympic family, the voice of Pingpang will be smaller and even disappear in the other countries. China must help other countries raise their game,make Pingpang be more competitive and more popular globally , we need more enemies to make us more strong .  Pingpang is a game, it is not only a instrument for Chinese to win gold medals in the Olympic games, it is something can be biger , we can lose champions sometimes , but we can not lose our spirit, our culture.

Crystal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-16 08:05:40 |Display all floors

Who is Caesar

some of our CD members had gone to Toastmaster to shore up support for Caesar at a speech contest. Outcome of the contest? Well, though he brought laughters to the house from time to time, he failed to win enough votes to be qualifeied for the second round, simply for the reason he had overdone his performing skills. Have i told you he is also an actor? He is surely somebody at CD. Come and find out more about him and rest of interesting CD people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-19 13:55:51 |Display all floors
How r u rrecently Crystal ? Long times no see .
Do it well if at all!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.