Author: Chewbacca

Australia - sunny weather, nice beaches and low pollution [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-15 06:58:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2009-5-14 17:57
Australia is a very hot & dry continent, isn't it?
That's why it'd been used as a penal island for convicts from UKKK, isn't that true?
That's why its people today are crude, unrefined, uncul ...

It's such a shame there are people like you in the world.... someone hand me my nailgun.
The Chairman is lying to you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 12:58:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2009-5-14 17:57
Australia is a very hot & dry continent, isn't it?
That's why it'd been used as a penal island for convicts from UKKK, isn't that true?
That's why its people today are crude, unrefined, uncul ...

Lol! tard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 13:05:25 |Display all floors
Oh and I drink Coopers because Im a south Aussie, VB is rubbish (sorry Emu, you must be a vic) But MB and carlton are fine. Never had a fosters in my life, Tsingtao is good, and I'm a fan of Harbin beer too.

As to the original post it can be sunny here, it has lovely beaches in many places and although we do still use coal its use is usally restricted to areas where primary and secondary industries are located. Because they are not located in built up areas (eg major cities) it is difficult to supply them with the huge amounts of electricity they need, thus coal becomes a preferable option for the companies who (are often heavily invested in from overseas) want to maximise their profits.

I like it in Australia, I love China too, both countries have benefits and disadvantages and should be treated individually not compared to one another.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 17:32:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-5-14 20:23

(wikipedia)
Over the 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia.The number of convicts pales, however, compared to the immigrants who arrived in Australia in the 1851-1871 gold rush. In 1852 alone, 370,000 immigrants arrived in Australia and by 1871 the total population had trebled from 430,000 to 1.7 million people.The last convicts to be transported to Australia arrived in Western Australia in 1868.

See, even wikipedia confirms that Australia was once used as a penal island
for convicts from UKKK!!!!
So it's the convicts culture that had set in the KKKangaroo Land!
And even after sooooo many years, still foul mouthed, unrefined and uncouth, and  four letters words just so naturally flow out of their mouths all the times.
That explains why even wild parakeets talk foul language to foreign tourists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 17:37:11 |Display all floors
Does it also explain Australia's success as the best sporting nation (gold medal/per capita basis)

And also explain success in other fields such as science ?

Or the ingenious inventions ie. refridgerator, cochlear implants etc?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 17:38:38 |Display all floors
very athletic and intelligent convicts they must have been

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 17:42:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by AyeTeeEm at 2009-5-15 06:58

It's such a shame there are people like you in the world.... someone hand me my nailgun.

Isn't that the convict's way of settling issues and differences?
Why not learn to be more civil, refined and peaceful?
Don't you know that violence does not settle issues raised or solve problems?
Really Sad and bad when your inclinations are always - VIOLENCE!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.