Views: 4403|Replies: 25

MONTANA - tell me about it ... [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2009-5-5 11:09:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-5 11:31:56 |Display all floors
I can't tell you first hand info on it, but I will say: do not buy land there, unless it includes the mineral rights.

A simple search of what happened throughout the region, during the Bush administration years, will make it clear why you must always have the mineral rights.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-5 11:35:22 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 06:34:10 |Display all floors
One big, familiar problem in Montana is mining that produces toxic waste. The economy of Montana was founded in part on copper mines, and the arsenic and cadmium and copper and acid that's coming out of those mines will come out forever, and it has already cost Montanans $2 billion of tax money. So that's one problem. And many other states besides Montana have mine problems and problems of toxic waste, including the Hudson River, Love Canal and the Chesapeake Bay.

Montana also has its famous problems of forest management and forest fires and forest policy. Those forest fire problems, which result in considerable measure from a century of logging—those forest fire problems are common in much of the American West. In addition, Montana has problems of climate change, because agriculture in much of Montana depends on irrigation, and irrigation makes use of the snowcaps on the mountains, and the snowcaps are melting as the climate gets warmer due to global warming. Montana also has soil problems—salinization, erosion in some places—and, while it may seem outrageous for me sitting here in Los Angeles to complain about air quality in any other American city, the fact is that in Missoula (the city that we fly in and out of in southwestern Montana to get to our vacation home)—the air quality for much of the year is as bad as that of Los Angeles. So those are just some examples of the problems that Montana shares with the rest of the United States and the rest of the world.

http://www.americanscientist.org/bookshelf/id.3527,content.true,css.print/bookshelf.aspx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 09:56:33 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 10:13:32 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 10:28:40 |Display all floors

Genocide

Has the great American genocide left any remnants of the native American population in Montana ?
Or does anyone care ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.