Author: zzxxll

discussions about virus [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-24 11:57:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zzxxll at 2009-4-23 22:51
hi,
i search on line about Black death, HIV, and somthing else about Virus.

however, i could not get a yes or no answer. also, i heard of that Virus are some pieces of DNA. is it right?

best ...

I think bubonic plague is a bacterium, not a virus.

A virus is very different from bacteria, as it can not reproduce without the cells of a host (even bacteria can be affected by virus).
---------
[Edit]
Only defense against viral infection is inoculation......

And all that really does is prepare/ready your own immune system for rapid defense against the specific virus. Flu virus mutates at least once a year, so a new vaccine is needed annually.

[ Last edited by cbcronin at 2009-4-23 11:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 12:13:16 |Display all floors
Hey, guys

also, i heard of that some new deadly disease will appear if we heal all the existing illness.

now, the deadly disease inclouds Cancer, disease of virus and so on. also, we  hope that the researches on the Stem Cell may make great progress.

best regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 12:15:07 |Display all floors
you may look my posts as references.

i am not an experts on Virus.  Thanks a lot

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 12:28:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zzxxll at 2009-4-23 23:13
Hey, guys

also, i heard of that some new deadly disease will appear if we heal all the existing illness.

now, the deadly disease inclouds Cancer, disease of virus and so on. also, we  hope th ...

There will always be new disease strains, as human population centers are breeding grounds. Clean water, food, hygiene, environment, etc. lessens the chance of spread and development.

Cancer is a possibilty, but not from the vaccines... more likely from the stem cell treatment.
------
I believe the future of eliminating disease does not actually reside in the field of current medicine, but instead in nanobot technology. The problem there is that if we are all inoculated with nanobots to combat infection, then our own immune systems will wither in time.

Viruses have been with mankind since before our current form and their remnants actually makeup the majority of our DNA (known as junk DNA). What effect that has had on our development is unknown, but it is possible that some mutated strains have helped us become who we are today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 12:31:23 |Display all floors
also, there are someones who will be allergetic to vaccine and the Vaccine might be some poison to those ones.

is there any dilemma for the doctors to tell the truth to their patients?

best luck to you guys.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 13:40:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zzxxll at 2009-4-23 23:31
also, there are someones who will be allergetic to vaccine and the Vaccine might be some poison to those ones.

is there any dilemma for the doctors to tell the truth to their patients?

best l ...

Some people are allergic to certain vaccines, but the numbers are small in comparison to those that are not. It is really a cost and benefit issue for society; though some will suffer, the majority will prosper (like the Star Trek Vulcan saying: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.").
----------
Dilema? As in telling the patient they have something like HIV?

Shouldn't be, as the only way a patient can get proper treatment (taking their medications properly), protect others from exposure (inex. through bodily fluids) and inform those that might have been exposed (such as lovers)..... is to be informed.

There was a time when doctors were hesitant to go into detail with their patients concerning their condition. In some places this is still the case, but patients generally handle a situation better when they have all of the information available.

It is also a health concern for all of society when it comes to communicable diseases, so the patient should be fully informed to help protect others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 16:12:30 |Display all floors
Hi, cbc

We all have some DNA and RNA  in our cell. Where are the junk DNA?

everyone of us develops from a fertilized egg(embryonic stem cell), but, do you know how the doctors deal with the Virus? or,  the patients were just paranoid and ignorance to the Issue? Do you trust the all infomaion you get from text books or the mass media or the intenet?

best wishes

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.