Author: morningcar

tell your eperience of working with foreigners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-24 10:48:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by morningcar at 2009-4-24 10:41
it is difficult to become real friends with foreigners from developed countries
deep in their heart, they still hold prejudice to Chinese people

It's difficult to make friends with Chinese. Deep in their hearts they still believe that foreigners are stupid, they are rich, they hate the Chinese, they have big noses and they don't know how to use chop-sticks.
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 10:55:21 |Display all floors
it needn't to make friends with foreigners who are bad
don' forget our chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 12:39:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-4-24 11:16
One of my first business contacts with a Chinese person in China went something like this:
I would buy the same product from her in her grocery store. The first time she smiled benevolently at me. ...

About 3-4 years ago i went to buy a coke from a shop. The woman at the till was very nice and she was excited that i spoke quite good Chinese. Then suddently the boss tells her that i should pay more because i am a foreigner! They both already knew that i spoke Chinese and they still kept talking about how to cheat my money (and for no reason).
I did not buy the beverage and went to a supermarket further down the road.
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 13:12:00 |Display all floors

Reply #12 seneca's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 14:12:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gangsta at 2009-4-24 12:39

About 3-4 years ago i went to buy a coke from a shop. The woman at the till was very nice and she was excited that i spoke quite good Chinese. Then suddently the boss tells  ...

u said it was 3~4 yrs ago.

do u encounter this recently? i bet u don't.

don't put any prejudice on chinese. society is under development, economy and concept of chinese also.

we are living in the same village, it is EARTH, right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 14:15:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by morningcar at 2009-4-22 11:33
most of us got our first lesson about foreigners from books, but was it the same as your personal contact with them?

most of foreigner are very nice and friendly.

maybe it's hard to make pure friendship with them, but at least we can be good colleague in company.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-24 14:15:58 |Display all floors

Reply #14 huang262's post

Actually huang, this overcharging foreigners is quite prevalent in China. Things that I was quoted 100 Yuan for my beloved and departed could get for 20 Yuan....kinda sucks don't you think?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.