Author: wulanmio

don't think foreigners are all gentlemen! [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-4-21 16:01:17 |Display all floors

why do the chinese have to give money guarantee to travel to Europe?

Originally posted by gangsta at 2009-4-21 15:51

What does my job have to do with anything? Do you think that is insulting? What a miserable little life you're obviously leading

A chinese friend of mine wants to come to Greece and stay for a few days.

Unfortunately the girl was asked to show that she has got 5000 euros in a bank account in order to have the right to take a visa.
I am wondering ,is this law the greek government's law ?Does it happen only when the chinese want to travel to Greece or for any other country?
Why do you think that there is such a restriction for the chinese only?
Will this law  stop one day?
I want so much to give hospitality to this chinese girl with all my heart.Unfortunately she does not have the money in the bank.How can I help her?
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 16:05:14 |Display all floors

Xilaren......

Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-4-21 16:01

Unfortunately the girl was asked to show that she has got 5000 euros in a bank account in order to have the righ ...

In Europe (Shengen area), visa restrictions a very high not only for Chinese. Basically what the european governments want to know is that a person is not going to stay and seek for a job. When granted a visa to a Shengen member country, the person can travel freely around those countries. This not only applies for Europe, but for USA, Canada or Australia, to put just a few examples.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 16:10:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-4-21 16:01
Unfortunately the girl was asked to show that she has got 5000 euros in a bank account in order to have the righ ...

Yes, thats the law. The first time my girlfriend wanted to visit the UK, i had to provide the embassy with copies of my pay-slips and bank statements. With Greece having a terrible record of illegal immigrants, i think the law should be alot tougher than it is.
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 16:11:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2009-4-21 16:05

In Europe (Shengen area), visa restrictions a very high not only for Chinese. Basically what the european governments want to know is that a person is not going to stay and seek for a job. When ...

this is stupid.A person who can show that he has got this money in a bank can stay in the european country for ever.So?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 16:14:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-4-21 16:11

this is stupid.A person who can show that he has got this money in a bank can stay in the european country for ever.So?

To get an L Visa for travelling in China you need to have 20,000 yuan in the bank .
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 16:15:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gangsta at 2009-4-21 16:10

Yes, thats the law. The first time my girlfriend wanted to visit the UK, i had to provide the embassy with copies of my pay-slips and bank statements. With Greece having a terrible r ...

come on.The greek government should ask for different documents than money.
For example why they do not ask me some guarantee that I am going to give hospitality to the girl for a month and then me to be obliged to send her back to China.
It is terrible.The girl wants so much to come to Greece and stay for a month .She will come back to China .She does not have the money.This is not fair at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 16:21:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-4-21 16:15
come on.The greek government should ask for different documents than money.
For example why they do not ask me some guarantee that I am going to give hospitality to the girl for a month and  ...

Apparently Greek gonverment is terrible, and illegal immigration is at a record high. I believe that the law should be even more strict and better enforced.
Ghettos are popping up everywhere in the centre of Athens, i wonder if you can see it! The softie softie approach is not working out anymore. And honestly, 5000 Euro's is not much anyway, if they don't have it, then don't go!
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.