Views: 5807|Replies: 7

Show some translations--Your suggestions are welcome(红色为已修正,黑色为待修正) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-8 14:21:13 |Display all floors
I have done some translation exercises these days.

I think it is good to show them out for your suggestions, hope you can put forward your opinions.

Unpacking Prior Experience: How career history affects job performance
剖析经验:履历如何影响工作表现
As individuals change jobs more frequently, it is increasingly important to understand what they carry from their prior experience that affects their performances in their new organizational context.
随着个人更换工作频率的加快,了解以往工作经验变得愈发重要,它会影响个人在新环境中的表现

So far, explainations about the imperfect portability of experience have primarily been about firm specificity of knowledge and skill.
到目前为止,经验不可完全照搬,主要是归根于知识和技能的严格区分。
We draw on psychological theory to propose additional sociocognitive factors that interfere with the transfer of knowledge and skill acquired from prior related work experience.
我们从心理学的角度陈述了额外的社会认知因素,这些因素妨碍了从以往相关工作经验中得来的知识技能的转移。

[ Last edited by natalie125 at 2009-5-11 11:34 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 15:54:54 |Display all floors

that...是形容'what'的

career history
履历

what they carry from their prior experience that affects their performances in their new organizational context.
影响其在新的组织环境中表现的以往工作经验

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 16:21:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yry111 at 2009-4-8 15:54
career history
履历

what they carry from their prior experience that affects their performances in their new organizational context.
影响其在新的组织环境中表现的以往工作经验

Thank you very much, I think "履历" used here is perfect.

For "that" clause, I have thought for a while, and still don't know how to translate it appropriately. Now you helped me...

I will edit it.:)

[ Last edited by natalie125 at 2009-4-8 04:25 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-9 09:20:31 |Display all floors
Let's move on...

So far, explainations about the imperfect portability of experience have primarily been about firm specificity of knowledge and skill.
到目前为止,经验不可完全照搬,主要是归根于知识和技能的严格区分。
We draw on psychological theory to propose additional sociocognitive factors that interfere with the transfer of knowledge and skill acquired from prior related work experience.
我们从心理学的角度陈述了额外的社会认知因素,这些因素妨碍了从以往相关工作经验中得来的知识技能的转移。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-13 11:18:57 |Display all floors
Are there anybody who can give some suggestions?

Waiting for yry~~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-11 11:32:07 |Display all floors
UP~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-11 12:48:33 |Display all floors
1. 履历的含义比career宽泛,通常包括学习、进修的经历。
2. “到目前为止,经验不可完全照搬,主要是归根于知识和技能的严格区分”把explanations漏掉了,变成了作者自己的观点了, 犯了大忌啊! firm specificity : 具体化

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.