Views: 7456|Replies: 14

Qingming Festival [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-3 22:24:32 |Display all floors
Do you pay tribute to deceased loved ones in Tomb Sweeping Festival?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-3 22:49:15 |Display all floors

boy it was cold & crowded...

we did our qingming 3 weeks ago and the weather was still nasty bitterly cold (the soil ground was still soft & wet), because our grandparents were buried uphill and far away from the city; we were so surprised to see so many folks there to pay their respect like we do  

BTW...our grandparents were happy happy to see us there ev'ry year at this time  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-4 01:39:07 |Display all floors
yeah ,my families will pay tribute to my grand-grandparents in  that tomb-sweeping  day
no every year  but sometimes .
and fortunately my grandparents are alive .

traditionally speaking ,citizens and many on-school students will go to the  people's monument to honor the martyrs
who made great contributions to the establishment of our great country,
in my  point,the martyrs deserve the respect and the mourning from Chinese .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-4 06:51:42 |Display all floors
I'm in Suzhou,going to tribute my grand-father in the tomb sweeping holiday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-4 12:27:01 |Display all floors
Tomb Sweeping Festival is stll sad to me, though my dad has been dead for 21years. He died when i was only 4 years old, and i had so meager memory about him, but it's so precious in my childhood and life.My dad loved me so much and did all his out to make me happy.Wherever he went,he would carry me and bought me nice snacks. It wasn't so usual in rural areas at that time coz of the poverty.  He often told me stories about famous persons and instructed me in learning their spirit.He sang songs for me,which brought me endless happiness. The memory is always vivid to me. Life was so tough at that time...

i pay tribute to him every year since i worked  , though i have to drive for about 6 hours. To live well is the best respect for the deceased ones.

[ Last edited by amylhz at 2009-4-4 03:13 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-4 13:42:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amylhz at 2009-4-4 12:27
Tomb Sweeping Festival is stll sad to me, though my dad has been dead for 21years. He died when i was only 4 years old, and i had so little memory about him, but it's so precious in my childhoo ...

in fact ,my  father died when i was 10 years old ,i also haven't too much impressions  of my father because my father worked far from home ,he came home just several times every year.pretty pathetic !
"To live well is the best respect for the deceased ones. "  maybe !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-4 14:14:16 |Display all floors
i must work in the tomb sweeping festival.but i think it is not bad because i am far away from my family .though  i have the holiday ,i cannot go to pay tribute to my grandparents.
just wish chinese can remmber the heros in history in heart  and the dead relatives.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.