Author: expatter

Dharamsala "Hell on Earth" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-7 15:44:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pekingese at 2009-4-5 01:27
However, it did not work then and it does not work today, I think the DL has known this for a long time.
So China needs to find a middle ground in order to establish peace.

It's so sad to see that a great country like China, still has a war zone within it's boarders.

First, you should ask yourself if you are willing to compromise your freedom for peace?  If not.....don't expect us to compromise Tibetan's freedom.  Tibetans will not go back to serfdom or any upgraded version of it, just as Europeans wouldn't go back to medieval Europe.   
The real problem is the DL and his generation still have a guilty consience of the brutality they inflicted to the slaves.  Now that the CCP has taken their whip,  they are afraid of retaliation by those they mistreated.  It is impossible for us to put the Tibetan's life and future back in the hands of those that has opressed and totured them for so long.
Confucius - Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-4-7 17:33:31 |Display all floors

thepeop

Finally, for the poorer people it quotes Grunfeld: "a number indicated to me that they would prefer to remain in Mysore [India] rather than return to Tbt as it was under the old system".  

If the situation in India was the same as the old system, that would make no sense.

This writer seems to be making the overall point that things are not wonderful in the Indian camps.

Grunfeld would seem to indicate with this line that, 'Although the Indian camps are not good. They are still better than old Tbet'.

Making this a highly damming statement of the conditions and the 'Old System' in Tbet prior to the Indian camps.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-4-7 21:43:04 |Display all floors
Ability to read coreectly is a precondition for a successful reply.

Yakawakachicken wrote and I quote:

This article is just another stinking sh.t who is just disgusting.

I agreed with him. I guess he was referring to his own article, no?

So you are admitting that you are trying to defeat your arguments by publicly subscribing to Manicheanism, i.e. depicting the world as a black-and-white tableau... ...the Chinese = virginally white, the Teebs Satanically black.

Nothing to admit. Racial slurs and racial thinking/acting is not my cup of tea. This is more the business of the Islamo-SS and their Obersturmbandfuehrer.

Your attempt to put me in this corner is just that, a cheap shot. Well, I'm actually used to it from your side.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 23:33:24 |Display all floors

For Post #1,2,3 - Dharamsala

It has not been easy for His Holiness to manage his refugee camp for 50 years in a foreign country. The Indian government has hardly any interest and incentive in making DL's camp a shargari-la, let alone those other satellite camps.

The Dharamsala site has been pretty delapidated all along. The roads do not inspire admiration. The Tibetan refugees living there feel like second class citizens. Their "spiritual leader" seems to elicit more attention elsewhere from people who have only a superficial and lopsided idea about him and his past.

DL has good hospitals to check into when he needs it, but not the case with his camp residents...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-9 19:24:58 |Display all floors
"This writer seems to be making the overall point that things are not wonderful in the Indian camps."

But the writer of the articles you posted is completely unreliable.  Do you have other sources on conditions in the camps?  The best ones would probably be people who've actually been there, and of course Tbtns themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-4-9 20:21:05 |Display all floors

thepeop

Just stating that a writer or writers are unreliable, does not make it so.

To do this you would need to give some kind of evidence or facts.

I am sure we would be delighted if you provided some first hand eye witness accounts.

I look forward to that.

Cheers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-9 20:27:05 |Display all floors
I've already mentioned what that organisation has to say about modern China- that's a good warning sign about their reliability.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.