Author: may_flower

Diary of April,2009 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-7 09:30:28 |Display all floors

Reply #21 taurus66's post

I am like you, I love countryside and I love touch the natural, I was planning to go for one park and enjoy the see-sighting, but the weather didn't allowed me to do that, it rained sometimes and was not convinence to go out as I was afraid of geting wet.
Very soon I will have a trip for green color in countryside, it is for sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-7 09:30:47 |Display all floors
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Daughter or son
When I was in Guangzhou and with friends, one friend that brought her little daughter with her, I played with the her daughter and was happy with her. She was only three months old, and she is the second daughter of her mother.
She was same age as me but she married very early, she born her first daughter six years ago, the family were looking for a son but unfortunately, she born another one but also a daughter, then the family was not happy with her.
The family was in countryside. In China traditional way, that have to be a son to inherit the family. Even she has two children now, but she will be have another one or the forth one, just to look for a son.
In China tradition, raising sons to support one in one's old age, but to raise a daughter will sooner or later leave parents and be someone’s wife. In countryside, they don’t like daughter, when I was just finished primary school, my uncle said to my father:” That is not need to support her for higher education, it is useless.” They are afraid the old age that none take care of them, so they don’t like daughter, if that is the daughter, they will have more children just to have one son.
That is very common in my hometown, one of my classmates her mother have six daughter and finally have one son and was rather happy for it. As in the city, it is hard to believe that have so many children, for that is more pressure to raise one child in city, as in countryside, they don’t cares but they just raise the baby careless. Generally speaking, the quality is not good, and still poor in the next generation, they don’t have the chance for good education, health-care or others.
When I was outside for work, or even in this company, one accountant told me:” I born a daughter and I am not going to have second one.”
“Why?” I asked:” You don’t afraid when you are old?”
“You are very stupid.” She said:” we buy the social insurance and we will have money after 15 years of buying, that is not need to worry about old age. And I prefer daughter than son, As for a daughter, when she is marry some day and my task is done, I have the money and can go whenever I like to go, but if it is a son? I will have to prepare for a house for his marriage, and take care of my grandson and help him look for a wife. That is very troublesome. Compare with that, daughter is better than son.”
That is a saying in big city:” to have a son that have good reputation, to have a daughter that have good luck.” That is the big difference between city and country side.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-7 16:54:16 |Display all floors
I like daughters more than sons and I wish I could have one daughter.  Girls are more obedient to their
parents. A daughter  would take good care of me when I am old. But it seems that I don't have that luck.
Unfortunately, my kinded is abundant in men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 11:10:00 |Display all floors
baby girl or boy is both OK for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 11:37:22 |Display all floors

Reply #24 taurus66's post

When you have son, you will wish to have a daughter, that is very normal. As I spoke to friend who work as technician:" How I wish that I am also work as technician, very stable job."
For me, daughter or son, up to the God, but I don't wish that I have the second child, one is very OK for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 11:38:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allenmiao at 2009-4-8 11:10 AM
baby girl or boy is both OK for me.

You are good father.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 11:38:27 |Display all floors
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
It is a small world
In the sales department, my desk is in front of the room, that force to the door, so whoever enter the room that I am the first person to know. In other words, my position isn’t the favor one, if the boss enter the office and he may see what I am doing. It isn’t a big deal, but if when I am checking my face in the mirror, that is a kind of shame.
Back to the points, I remember last year, that I went for a QQ group for party. The purpose for me to go for that party because I am looking for Mr Right, and I hope that I can find someone out of that group to be my another part. It sounds quite silly but I did that task.
The QQ group is the gathering for furniture selling, so the person that are engage in furniture, like making, distributing, marketing, etc. And that party was about helping the single boys and girls to find out their another half. I thought it would be a chance anyhow, so I paid for the money and went for that party.
When I arrived, I found that I made a big mistake, it just very few people went for the party, only four boys and three girls in total. Out of that four boys, two works as forwarder. I don’t know that kind of boys, they are under great pressure, little pay and require very little working skill, all the person can work as forwarder. One is furniture seller, later I knew him that only finish the second grade for secondary school. Another is a married man, that went for the party with his son.
I am the oldest girl in the party, two girls from the same company, they are very young, that only enter their age of 22, last year I was already 26, so I am the particular one in the party.
I don’t want to talk much about the girls, but I notice the furniture seller. I didn’t pay any attention to him, for I am not ready to accept a boy that with little educational back group to be another half. So while paying around, I lost my interest, I was about to escape from the party, but I could not as it is not a polite thing to do. So I sat there, wondering how I spent that time.
I didn’t speak much, because I am not interest. So I sat there, look casually from that place to another place, the furniture seller chatted happily with other two girls, suddenly he remarked me:” Did your two girls see her, she didn’t talk and didn’t react, she must be a dull girl.”
I was shocked by his remark, what I could not understand was that he knew nothing about me, but he could have comment on me that I am the dull girl. Then he continued:” As I am the seller, that I can see the people character by their appearance, words, or even their office desk, I am the smart person even I don’t have much education. “
Then the other girls said:” we are sure you are very smart and clear, you will be success very soon.”
That I what I could not agree at all, he acted rudely, when speaking, his head and hand moved all the time, and water came out from his mouth, I was not to fight back, when I still kept silence and let him talk whatever he liked.
He thought I must be a silly girl that doesn’t like talking, not energetic and not long young. Then I have very bad impression on him, and even for QQ group.
Our factory isn’t the small one, in the furniture industry, we are famous for metal furniture, living room furniture, so many people who work as furniture sellers are want to work for us, to get higher pay.
Very soon I forgot that party and turned back to my normal life. At yesterday morning, when someone entered the door and I raised my head, I found the face is familiar. I thought that I have see that face somewhere before, very soon I realized it is him, the one that humiliated me in the party, I showed my cold face on him, and I knew I got some job to do.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.