Author: expatter

Celebrate Serfs Day with E. Candler [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-14 12:19:24 |Display all floors

Tibetan Welfare Is Chinese responsibility

Originally posted by seneca at 2009-3-30 18:59
I took cognizance of your declaration of animosity towards all religions but I will always believe that giving atheists the power to decide what creed is good/bad for others is a crime.

Well...A lot Europeans nowadays are and for some time have been "secular" (read atheist or agnostics), and they rule the nations and impose their morality.

As you well know, China always regards Tibet as part of China, and Tibetans are Chinese.  Even though Tibetans-in-exile and outsiders do not agree.  But that's not their business.  It is China's business.

So China has a moral responsibility towards Tibetans.

China can no longer allow Tibetans to hunt for lamas' excrement when they fall sick.  That's why the Chinese Constitution has a very unusual clause which forbids the use of  religion that will cause harm to people's health.

Even though China is very poor, and backward, China still must help the Tibetans. Some of them may not appreciate it now.  Never mind.  The Chinese will just do their part, and do what they can do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 12:25:43 |Display all floors

Chinese Christians Obey God

Originally posted by augusten at 2009-3-30 19:38

They are okay, as long as they don't obey your god.

Surely.  They obey God.  Your God, my God, Chinese God, European God, whatever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 12:58:59 |Display all floors

Read Kawaguchi Again

Originally posted by seneca at 2009-3-31 13:19
Why would Candler write about such cultural elements? Was it because there was an utter dearth to write about other aspects of life in T?..

Kawaguchi wrote about it also.  He went a bit further.  The people who cut out the human flesh never washed their hands.  And they used the same hands to pick up food for themselves and others to eat.  And they actually would have become cannibal.  But that's okay because they were not aware the bits of food sticking on their palms and fingernails.

The point is the hygiene part.  Tibet had very high mortality rate.  I hope you know.  And Chinese has a moral responsibility towards Tibetans.  They have had no sense of hygiene, no knowledge of germs.  China was backward, yes...but at least on this point, the Communists (not necessarily all "Chinese") was not so backward as to be so ignorant on this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 13:36:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by HeavenSent at 2009-4-3 12:59

Now an even harder question is....What qualifies you to question my opinion? ...

"I am a man, and you are a girl."

Not me.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.