Celebrate Serfs Day with E. Candler [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-29 16:49:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2009-3-29 16:46
Emu:

- one party
- one voice
- one opinion
- one history

how in the world can they learn to reflect on themselves, let alone exercising self critic.

To do that you need an opposition or ...

Standard response from a diplomat of a "former number 3 nation". Jealousy.

It's hard for your nation to catch up with China again in term of GDP, especially with the lazy workers and numerous benefit.

My advise: be more dilligent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 16:56:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 17:08:30 |Display all floors
Seems you won't take my advise to be more dilligent.

Your ranking will be doomed if you learn French lifestyle, lazy but ever demanding.

Face this reality.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-3-29 17:38:06 |Display all floors

Emu

G'day mate,

I wrote a long post in answer and my finger hit a button on the keyboard by accident and the browser closed.

AAAAArrrGGGHhh!!

Another reply then:

The first part.  OK, this thread is about old Tibet.  Let us ignore that and as you say, “What's the situation today?”

QUOTE :“heard his words and they have judged that his values today are very different to what he has been accused of 50 years ago.”

Are you making the point that people like him and therefore he should be the leader of Tibetan Autonomous zone, some 20% of Chinese territory?

That really is too optimistic.  China is deeply criticized by some for not having suffrage and the freedoms which others feel desirable in other countries.  This then would be the last place on earth for him to be. His requests to the Chinese Government are not just about religion but also political concessions.  The potential for conflict and possible UN involvement at a later date would be seriously high.

This could result in a fractured China and the involvement of 20% of the people of the earth in armed conflict.  A mirror of other parts of the world where there has been involvement from the righteous powers of the West.  Why would China want to take that risk.  The UN recognizes Tibet as China.  What is the big deal?

These people who have promoted his values that you mentioned are the very same ones who stand to gain the most if China falls.  

What possible good can the return of this person do?

Cheers

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-3-29 17:42:17 |Display all floors

iamnaive

Wrong thread.

This one is about the DL and Tbet.

Your reply is about the overall political situation in China and how only your way is correct.

I have heard you are a Catholic so I can see why you are used to be brainwashed by the 'Man'.

Have you thought of being a priest.  You would be good at repeating the only true path.

Don't forget the perks!   

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-3-29 20:55:51 |Display all floors
An interesting thread. Thanks for bringing this up, expatter.

Btw, the book is availabele on the web (full text as well as PDF) under

ht  tp: //w w w . archive .o rg/stream/unveilingoflh a s  a00can du oft/u nve ilingofl h  asa00can duoft_djvu.t x  t

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-3-29 22:05:53 |Display all floors
Why don't you read the book first before you start to complain? On the other hand why don't you just say that you believe only what the clique or their promoters publish.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.