Author: TBWood

Why do us learn English [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-27 09:36:26 |Display all floors

i dont agree the #13 floor.

no all nothing should be standarded by business or economic.

lauguage is belong their own culture. has long history, these are the really charm for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 10:05:23 |Display all floors

study English is really important in our daily life

yes,I am not agree with the LZ,nowdays we need to learn English when we are student in the school.
And we try our best to  get the high score so that we can pass the CET-4 or CET-6,but we should understand that when we pass the examine and then get the certification,it is not meaning that you have
the excellent skills in English.Maybe you just has the skills in writing or reading,but in listening or speaking,it is another skills in English.And both of this skills is much more important than the reading or writing.
Now I have a job in the foreign company,and there are many foreigners,when they need to disguss somehing with us ,we must use the English to communicate with them.Because they are can not speak Chinese,and they can not understand the Chinese.So when we are fac this situation,the English language is so important for our communication.If we can not speak in English,so that we can not disguss with the around the topic.
Now my English is not enough good to communicate with the foreigners,so that sometimes I can not
chat  fluently.I hate meself,why I can not have the oral English skills.I have enough vocabulary  for chatting,but when I chatting with the foreigner,I can not open my mouth,I don't komw what should be talked.I can not found the topic for chatting.So that the scene is embarrassed.So I must study English,it is really useful in the society.PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE
good luck for everyone!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 10:17:29 |Display all floors
I  once heard of someone said:we must learn english as a kill, not as a exam tool.i agree with viewpoint.
when we are a college student,we are order to pass the examation,work hard and do a lot of ready job.at last we pass the exam and get CET-4,CET-6 certificate.But how do we learn  english well?my friends sometimes complaint about it,we only learn "dumb english"--------we can not fluently communicate with foreiger or any other english lover.
In my opinion:firstly it is a key to make steady foundation.we must learn vocabulary and grammar ect well. secondly:we try to one's best to apply to these words when we practise dialogue,writing and listening as much as you can.  Learning english as a hobbies to cultivation.insist on practice and practice......,we will strive for a bigger progresses than before!:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 10:19:11 |Display all floors
I  once heard of someone said:we must learn english as a skill, not as a exam tool.i agree with viewpoint.
when we are a college student,we are order to pass the examation,work hard and do a lot of ready job.at last we pass the exam and get CET-4,CET-6 certificate.But how do we learn  english well?my friends sometimes complaint about it,we only learn "dumb english"--------we can not fluently communicate with foreiger or any other english lover.
In my opinion:firstly it is a key to make steady foundation.we must learn vocabulary and grammar ect well. secondly:we try to one's best to apply to these words when we practise dialogue,writing and listening as much as you can.  Learning english as a hobbies to cultivation.insist on practice and practice......,we will strive for a bigger progresses than before!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 10:20:11 |Display all floors
I have the same problem with Chinese, what to say, what subject to bring up. I think learning Chinese is also very hard. It is because there is so much difference. I have trouble pronouncing sounds because the sounds in Chinese words do not exist in the English words.  Every time I try to talk to a Chinese here, I get nervous and I sound retarded. haha. I talk to my wife in Chinese, she looks at me like I am crazy, haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 10:23:11 |Display all floors

agree with u

Originally posted by TBWood at 2009-3-23 18:36
To myself,English course Study needs daily study! Because I want to get a good score for my English test.....
I'm sure learning English is important.But I think it's too extremely that In China En ...

you are right. but someone want to go abroad by learning english, just like taking exam of Yasy or TOEFL. someone don't like to study the english,just facing the exam of english.in my opinion this case is very painful.
someone said:interesting is the best teacher! thus, if u interested in english ,u could learn english very well!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 10:33:23 |Display all floors
Just do it at ur best. You will find it is smarter when you need language skill. it will provide you more opportunities.

[ Last edited by wzhit06 at 2009-3-27 10:36 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.