Author: yuan_zcen

China Daily Assails Prisoner Abuses in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-28 08:24:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 02:14:44 |Display all floors
It moved me to read this article.
Thanks for the link and congratulation to CD.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 07:08:19 |Display all floors
Thanks, yuan_zcen, for posting this article and I concur wholeheartedly with the other forumites here in congratulating China Daily for this type of report.

While it would be considered a very routine piece of reportage in western media, it does show that Chinese journalism can (and should) have a role in bringing issues of public interest to light, even if it does not reflect well on some areas of governance.
As Seneca also pointed out this has been noted by western media as well, positive news about China's gradual 'glasnost'.
Another interesting thing about this thread, there are only positive messages here, and most of these comments have been made by people accused of being China bashers or China haters by the forum trolls!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 08:24:31 |Display all floors
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 19:23:44 |Display all floors
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 15:15:40 |Display all floors
I know you like it. You have several times lifted the thread up to top.

As a chinese I know it's not only an achievement of CD, but rather of policy and related department in government. CD is a state-owned press, without permission it would not public this event.

Before, government tend to conceal anything negative, especially local government. But nowadays, along with the development of internet, it's harder and harder to cover something from public. So officials become smarter, standing by the side of public, to disclose some bad things.
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-9 14:31:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-3-29 07:08
While it would be considered a very routine piece of reportage in western media,

Nonsense, even though prison abuse is a fact of life in the United States the media hardly ever talks about it. They're more likely to talk about X celebrity's drug addiction. Real investigative reporting that seriously exposes government abuse is rare. Hell, most of the time what the government says is what the media reports. They have very little independence.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.