Author: amethystaces

do you still cherish the old but grecious letters in your drawer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-24 14:53:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allenmiao at 2009-3-24 14:44

i bet he will slobber when see pretty ladies just like as u, due to he's only a young boy in school, haha~

not a young boy in school, but a kid in  kindergarten,
for a boy at such age stage doesn't see too many beauties
in that case, he will slobber the sight as he sees every ladies even a dinosaur.:lol:lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-24 19:27:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amethystaces at 2009-3-24 09:54
have never written a love letter to anybody
for it is unnecessary for me ,
when i was a freshman, there were a few people owned mobile phones,
i contacted my friends by letter
i remembered  ...

I share the same feeling about handwriting letters with you. I cherished the letters and regarded them as one of the most important parts in my life. They are just like movie films often flashing before me. Thinking of them I remember my happiness , sadness ,loneliness and my hope as well as my dreams. A part of beautiful memory that can't be erased away. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-24 20:23:15 |Display all floors
the scene was in 2001 and 2002, when i was a freshman in the colleage.We do write letters to our high-shoolmates and some friends met on the internet, as it took us at least two yuan to spend an hour in the net bar.
Surely, we are thrilled when we received letters from friends far away and the classmates cast their eyesight with admire or even envy. I even asked my elder schoolfellows whether they write letters.
it's often the case that students in the first year at colleage write often, and they do less and less with time goes by.

[ Last edited by lhlh0628 at 2009-3-24 08:37 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-3-24 20:39:50 |Display all floors
I have kept letters from an english friend of mine.We had been friends for 30 years.Although she lived in England we were very close.
There was no break in our correspondence.
She was a very good friend of mine.I will never forget her.Each time I went to London  ,she came from the north part of England to see me.
Each time she came to Greece she always came to my house and stay ed for a couple of days to see me.
Some months ago she died.I found her letters in a drawer.I do not throw them away.
I believe that if I throw them away is like throwing away her memory.
:Q:Q
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-24 21:37:30 |Display all floors

not even one mini-sentence in my life...

Originally posted by amethystaces at 2009-3-23 21:00

how come you think that to write letters means to write love letters ?
do you just care about love affairs in your life
but not the maintaining of the relation of your friends?

you're absolutely correct that i didnt contact my long distant friends way back in viet nam my home turf there, but i did call em ev'ry now & then that's all no hand written letter (i'm a romantic guy but not that romantic if you dig what i mean).  i have many friends in china but again a fonecard expresses itself much faster & receivin much more accurate details than writtin em on a piece of paper  

BTW...by the way, you might not understand what i was tellin you but over the fone you will get your messages in 3D-hidef (unless you plan to auction your sentimental letters on eBay)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-25 08:17:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NYChinatown at 2009-3-24 21:37

you're absolutely correct that i didnt contact my long distant friends way back in viet nam my home turf there, but i did call em ev'ry now & then that's all no hand written letter (i'm a r ...

ok guy
your words seems reasonable
although i intend to auction my letter,
is there anyone want to bid?
no such fools
btw, how come you say my letter sentimental?
it sounds a satire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-25 08:18:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-3-24 21:23
My wife cherishes old-style letters, and yet she is a techno freak that has used a mobile phone many years longer than myself, and e-mails to boot.

Nothing beats the charm and romanticism of pa ...

are you two in your middle ages?
you seem more sentimental than me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.