Views: 2876|Replies: 1

Professional Integrity of a Translation Agency [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-13 16:53:45 |Display all floors
"Going beyond Words: Translations of Academic Integrity for Professionals, Businesses and the Community -- When Excellence is a Requirement."

I received in my SPAM BOX a promotional email from a professional translation agency in China and in that email I found the above in big caption.

Tell me what that line is telling the potential translation clients please if you are in the translation business.

The gap is so huge between knowing and not knowing what English language is about here in China.

I urge those who do not qualify to stay away from the translation industry and go back to school to learn English properly again.

Many years ago, I also spotted a short opening paragraph in the workplace English website of the Hong Kong Education and Manpower Bureau.  I took the iniative to write to the webmaster only to be told in vain words to cover up the badly written paragraph by a so called professor, who denied any problem with the paragraph.  However, a day later that paragraph was re-written.  Why it was re-written if it was not a genuine problem?

I found a caption on the website of a well known university in China that promoted Cambridge BEC courses and it was absurd to the highest degree.  I emailed to the webmaster but as often the case that email address bounced back any email sent to it.  I called the Beijing telephone number and no one could talk to me in English or understood what I told them in very clear English.  Then one time a student was around and she struggled to gather what I was trying to tell the people there.  I heard the ladies at the back laughing sarcastically as I was too serious about what in their mind was a small thing.  Who cares in China?  Chinese quality is well known worldwide anyhow.

[ Last edited by cyberparrot at 2009-3-13 05:03 PM ]
http://86139933.qzone.qq.com

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2009-3-13 22:02:09 |Display all floors

Welcome to China!

The legendary land of Chinglish

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.