Author: expatter

"Hell on Earth" for Tibetans states DL [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-12 02:30:17 |Display all floors
expatter,

Unlike the West, Han or nonHan Chinese is not a big deal in Chinese daily life.

I marvel how important race is in the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-12 04:01:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2009-3-12 04:30
Unlike the West, Han or nonHan Chinese is not a big deal in Chinese daily life.

So that explains why, during the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony, the representatives of all those ethnic groups were played by Han dressed up as if they were from minorities, rather than using the real members of China's minorities ?

The diversity of these various ethnic groups within China still does not compare anywhere near what various western countries welcome into their societies, so when it's not a "big deal" for China, that's because it's not a big deal at all.

Originally posted by timbatu at 2009-3-12 04:30
I marvel how important race is in the West.

Actually, it's the ignorant fools like yourself who are the ones who keep bleating about it.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-12 07:34:33 |Display all floors
timbatu,

You must be generous with SS & emu , the twin towers of ignorance . They will , for the rest of their lives , band and clang on about the bad things about China . They do not know Chinese , speak no Chinese , and one of them has never been further into China than Hong Kong . So let them rip .  Treat them with kids' gloves and let them be . They are the unteachables . They do serve as good clowns though . Cheers and regards .

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-3-12 13:19:07 |Display all floors
Seneca

You have stated this:

Yet T has been in a permanent state of rebellion for the entire period of time it has been under com.m.unist occupation.

I would be very interested to get some backing for this.  Your rational is that T is in a continuous state of rebellion.

You might help to change my point of view, but I need more than just your statement.

Emu, same here. Please offer more than a personal statement

the representatives of all those ethnic groups were played by Han dressed up as if they were from minorities, rather than using the real members of China's minorities ?

Thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-14 22:10:07 |Display all floors

For Post 1

DL certainly has just showed his "sincerity" and "goodwill" toward the Chinese government, as well as toward his western sponsors.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-3-17 17:43:56 |Display all floors

Seneca

Thanks for the reply.

Tibet's population stood at 2.84 million at the end of last year, 31,500 more than at the end of 2006.
Among its permanent residents, more than 2.5 million, or 95.3 percent, were Tibetans.
Tibet's population was 1.14 million in 1951.

You indicate only certain years which theoretically show as sporadic rather than continuous.
You further claim this as a permanent state of rebellion.

What I would ask you is: what percentage of the population have engaged in anti-government or non peaceful behaviour?
Especially in the years you have quoted.

I also know many people who have been to Tibet, and I have never been given the impression that there is a permanent state of dissent there.  Indeed, in 2007, a total of 4.0294 million people hailing from inside and outside China visited Tibet, representing an increase of 60.4 percent over the previous year. This included 3.664 million visitors from other parts of China, an increase of 55.4 percent; and 365,000 from the rest of the world, as many as 2.29 times the 2006 figure.

How come none of these people seem to have witnessed an ongoing state of rebelion?

Thanks

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-3-17 22:18:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2009-3-17 18:43

How come none of these people seem to have witnessed an ongoing state of r e belion?

They didn't 'buy' tainted glasses made in the sweatshops of Northern India, hence they were unable to see what our 'expert' saw.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.