Author: novembercandy

Why does the CNN always write these news! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-12 14:17:40 |Display all floors
cd is enough for me to enjoy myself, i think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-12 19:03:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wayves at 2009-3-12 02:39
I wonder how the U.S. Navy would respond if a Chinese "ocean surveillance ship" (CNN's description) was puttering around off of the U.S, coast...?     

My guess is that they wouldn't like it very much...   

Well it's quite understandable if China doesn't like it very much, and I am sure that the US wouldn't like it very much if the Chinese Navy was hanging around in the US EEZ.
However the US surveillance ship was not actually doing anything illegal under international maritime law, while the idiots who were chucking bits of wood in the water were acting illegally.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-12 19:10:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by novembercandy at 2009-3-10 11:54
To improve my English I have been reading the CNN news for not a long time , but I noticed  that it' was  easy to find some vexing news about China on the CNN wedsides ....

November, as other posters have said, most western news sources do provide balanced reporting about issues, in China and in the rest of the world.
Where there is bad news or negative news, they report it, particularly if it happens in their own countries.

Naturally China is not immune from these reports.

You should also be aware that Western news sources also include postive reports from China too, when they are newsworthy.
It is balanced reporting. Sure there is sometimes bias, but this is often easy to spot by the language used by the reporter or commentator.

When you read a report which implies criticism of China, naturally you may be disappointed. I feel the same way when I read something negative about my country, Australia.
But then I seek out other reports from a number of sources to try to find out more about the issue being discussed. If your Chinese media does not mention the criticism, or analyse it properly, then you need to ask yourself if your media is properly providing all the information.
From what I read about issues in the Chinese and international media, I feel that sometimes the Chinese media (such as CD) is not providing balanced  reporting.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.