Views: 18517|Replies: 39

Resign before or after finding a new job? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-9 17:45:33 |Display all floors
I want to change a new job now,but I wonder whether I should resign before or after finding a new job?
Hope for your good advice.

If I resign before finding a new job.There are some issues I'm worried about:
1.Whether I can find a new job very soon.If I can't,I don't have any income then I can't live my life.
2.Even I can find a new job very soon,I can't make sure it's better than the current job.

If I resign after finding a new job.
1.I don't have enough time to find jobs.
2.I can't have affairs leave to have interview.
3.Maybe I can't work in the new posintion very soon as the new company require.I should resign one month in advance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-9 18:42:09 |Display all floors
My rule

Looking for job while you have one. Def the smart choice, well, the common choice here.

You can always to go for interviews throwing sickie to your manager, and 4 weeks notice is standard, so why worry?
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-10 03:41:49 |Display all floors
Yeah, definitely secure a new job before resigning your old one and as Sinful mentioned, giving advance notice to your old employer is the proper etiquette. In the West, I think 2 weeks notice is standard but 4 weeks is even better if you can do this.

You can do interviews over lunch break or take a vacation day if you need to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-10 15:43:50 |Display all floors
Good to see you here, Mark. its been a long time though.
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-10 19:04:34 |Display all floors
resign after you found a new job.

its understandable for your boss because you will give your boss a week or 2 notice than you transfer to your new job. of course you should let your new company know that you will start work in a weeks time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-10 19:27:04 |Display all floors
Thanks for your advice.
Till now,all the friends advise to look for a new job while working in the current company,and resign after finding a good one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-12 00:03:05 |Display all floors
I WOULDNT RESIGN LOL

I WOULD ASK FOR A VACATION FOR A MONTH AND WORK TRIAL FOR A MONTH AT NEW PLACE.

IF SUCESSFULLY ACCEPTED THEN RESIGN AT OLD PLACE IS NOT TOO LATE

WHAT IF YOU QUIT FIRST THEN GET UNACCEPTED

HU HU HU UNEMPLOYED .... DEPRESSED......NO MONEY........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.