Views: 18920|Replies: 144

DARFUR [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-6 13:21:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-6 16:30:41 |Display all floors
Thank you iamnaive. This IS a legitimate topic!

Yesterday someone answered to this thread that the International Criminal Court is just a political tool in the hands of the West, and that it should be used on other leaders as well, such as Blair and Bush.

I don't entirely agree that the ICC is a political tool. It is political only in the sense that it deals with politics and politicians. I wouldn't however say that it is biased by the West, since it is INTERNATIONAL and therefore voted to impartiality of thought and views. As for Blair and Bush, if on one hand they are not the best people around, one can't compare them with bloodthirsty dictators like Bashir. The difference is that in the countries ruled by Bush and Blair there is freedom of opinion and presidents can be removed peacefully. In Sudan this is not possible since Bashir holds power with the army and terror, so the ICC's role is exactly of coming to aid such countries, which don't have other instruments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-6 17:01:28 |Display all floors

Shoot first policy

Sounds like you have already condemned the man before the trial even got started.  
As for China's role in all of this.....
Sudan is a sovereign country so it is only right that China treat it like a sovereign country.
Now if we were to remind you of your governments arms selling record and all the atrocities committed by them, we would need more than 10 lifetimes.  Then you will accuse the reminders of being racist, like you always do.
Don't invite trouble and then cry about the consequences that come with it.
Confucius - Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-6 17:03:16 |Display all floors

Courting criminals

Laohu says:

The difference is that in the countries ruled by Bush and Blair there is freedom of opinion and presidents can be removed peacefully.

Really? How many Iraqis died because of Bush's obsession to get rid of S. Hussein? According to the Lancet, about 1 million.
How many were displaced? A few million more.

Why did this happen? Oh yeah, WMD- the biggest lie of the decade. OBL was in Iraq- another whopper.

BTW, what happened to Pinochet? Why wasn't he put behind bars?

Until this "International Criminal Court" has the balls to go after Bush & Co., the mud sticks.

[ Last edited by peterb at 2009-3-6 05:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-6 17:04:44 |Display all floors
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-6 17:08:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2009-3-6 17:04

If a country has an elected government by the people it is sovereign.

What about Teiwan ?

What about your miserable little job as a schreiberling at the consulate?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-6 17:08:45 |Display all floors
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.