Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2009-4-18 09:24:17 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-18 18:26:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2009-4-16 09:41
Am on your side here mate, having been in a situation that was ridiculous.....you know the sory so I won't repeat it, but, as you so eloquently say....Geeeez!  P.S folks, I am an English teacher and was refused re-entry because I didn't know my address etc....goddamned stoopid!

I am not looking to start anything here but, I am compelled to ask about your credentials to be an English teacher. Are you university trained as a teacher or do you simply have an ESL certificate? I would expect any teacher to be a better speller than I am but, this is not the case.

Your sentence should have started as "I am or I'm if using lazy English".

The word I think you meant to use was "story" when instead you typed "sory" Sadly the forum spell checker even warns of this but, you let it go just the same. Why?

The word is "stupid", not "stoopid. Again caught by the spell checker but, ignored by you.
God damned should be two words, not one.

I would ordinarily not have cared one bit about any spelling, grammar or structure issues in your post or that of any member. It was the fact that you chose to state you are an English teacher! If a person is going to declare this then I would expect their posting to be close to perfection or at the very least better than my own. You can search for my other posts in these forums and will see I do not  target bad spelling as a habit. In fact this is probably the only one I have ever taken exception with and only because you declared yourself to be a teacher of English. You will no doubt find spelling and grammar mistakes within my posts but, then I do not claim to be an English teacher.

Now although it may seem like I am picking on you or attacking you I am not. However I would suggest that in the future you either take greater care in your posts or at least not make the declaration of being a teacher of English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-19 09:31:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-19 16:35:20 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 08:48:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-21 09:39:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-3-13 21:16

Permanent Residency:

On August 15, 2004 the Ministries of Public Security and Foreign Affairs jointly issued the Regulations on the Examination and Approval of Permanent Residence of Aliens. These Regulations allow for permanent residency for foreigners who wish to make China their home. This has brought China into better compliance with its WTO accession commitments.

The Chinese permanent residency system can be likened to Western nations’ investor immigration programs, with the regulations directed towards individuals of "extraordinary" ability, such as senior level executives or highly specialized workers, and foreign nationals who have made large investments in China.  As such, most foreign workers will not qualify for this permit.

Foreign nationals who wish to apply must fall under at least one of the eligible categories below:

1.       Family members of Chinese nationals, such as children, spouses (spouses must be married for approximately 5 years before becoming eligible);

2.       Individuals who make a large direct investment in China for three consecutive years;

3.       Individuals who make outstanding contributions to China’s development or are considered by the Chinese government to be critical to the needs of the country; or

4.       Individuals who have held a high-level position and have resided in China for three of the past four years, in a business which promotes the country's economic, scientific and technological development or social progress.

For Item 2 above or the investment category, the minimum level of investment is defined as follows:

1.       The amount meets or exceeds US $500,000 if invested solely in Western China;

2.       The amount meets or exceeds US $1,000,000 if invested solely in Central China; or

3.       The amount meets or exceeds US $2,000,000 if invested in multiple locations in China.

If the individual is successful in their application, they will be granted a 5- or 10-year renewable permanent residency card, which allows them to enter or exit China freely without a passport. Further, there is no requirement to continuously renew the work permit, and continued residency is not dependent on employment in China.

It's really not so simple.

In the category you've highlighted, not only do spouses need to be married at least 5 years, but the expat spouse must have lived in China for 5 continuous years.  They must also have a "stable" residence and employment in addition to passing a rigorous background investigation by the municipal and provincial Public Security Bureau.

Many apply, but few are approved.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.