Views: 3063|Replies: 18

800-POUND GORILLA IN THE 6-PARTY TALK [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-4 12:32:18 |Display all floors
800-POUND GORILLA IN THE 6-PARTY TALK

I might be seeing things in my old age.  I could swear I see a 800-pound gorilla sitting right smack in the middle of the table in the North Korea's 6-party talk.  In fact it's causing such a ruckus that no thing could get accomplished when the Great Leader Kim doesn't like a gorilla as a house guest.  Maybe that's how diplomacy works -- don't touch on anything relevant lest it works.

This gorilla is the 60-year America's military presence in Korea.  I just wonder if it still has the pretty name: UN Peacekeeping Mission?  And, beat me, how all those Missions have always been able to manage keeping peace at a unreachable distance?

Also I thought China was finally let into the UN many years ago.  Shouldn't she be allowed also to join the Mission by now.   So was the one time, peace-breaking, now turned self-breaking, Soviet Union.  They both have been in good behavior, doing what America ordered for a long time.  Shouldn't they both help out the militarily overburden America with keeping the peace, especially when it's in their own backyards.  Why, that time the evil-empire Soviet Union only flirted with keeping peace in America's backyard of Cuba, the world came only one phone call away from being blown up.

So, what'you say, all you hardworking diplomats?  Let's call a gorillar a gorilla.  Then we can cook up an interesting mix to keep the poor lonely gorilla company.  How about let the giant panda, the teddy bear, the reformed midget pirates and also the restless Christian liberators to join in the fun.  They might still not achieve peace.  But at least now we have a real zoo.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 03:46:29 |Display all floors

north korea is key to explain cult rev

THE INSCRUTABLE CULTURAL REVOLUTION

In a way, what Mao did with Cultural Revolution was a delicate balance act to avert WWIII.  It's a war that America's puppet governments from Korea, to Taiwan and finally at Vietnam have been begging their master America to do ever since the end of WWII.  In fact, as early as 1949, China's own America's proxy government leader Chiang Kai Shek, in rallying his troops to defend Shanghai before retreating to Taiwan, promised the soldiers that if they could hold the city for 6 months, then America would come to fight WWIII to wipe out Mao's communist army.

Well, when faced with potential invasion by America, any under-reaction or overreaction could bring disastrous consequences.  For example, Saddam Hussien under-reacted, while Bin Laden overreacted.  Wars were the consequences.  But Mao was able to bluff the warmongering America into choosing peace.

Interestingly, Mao had to suppress the potential pro-peace elements, while in Iraq and Afganistan, America fought and killed the pro-war elements.  The strange aftermath result is that the surviving pro-peace elements in China complained like mad for the brutal treatment they received from pro-war elements, while the dead pro-war elements in Iraq and Afganistan do not even get a chance to talk back when the pro-America elements whitewash the atrocities America committed there.  And how quickly the world embrace the victors, condemn the suppressors and forget about the dead.

Worse yet, the saturation bombing of propaganda have made sure the Western pundits would not be able to under the inscrutable Orientals even if they want to.  In a way, to them, a war averted is a war wasted.  All criticisms have now to be redirected toward the "savage" efforts to ruin a good war.

So, the only chance China has to clear her name is now in the hands of North Korea.  The Great Kims there learned well from Mao.  They have a live Cultural Revolution there.  This time around maybe the Internet and open media would give us a step-by-step account of a replay of this bad, bad, bad Cultural Revolution.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 13:26:51 |Display all floors
North Korea doesn't respect you (China). Just because you both eat rice for breakfast and have single fold eyes, does not make you the best man for the job.

No Gorilla=No South Korea
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 19:53:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tekvicious at 2009-3-4 09:26 PM
North Korea doesn't respect you (China). Just because you both eat rice for breakfast and have single fold eyes, does not make you the best man for the job.

No Gorilla=No South Korea

all the south koreans who switch to xtians or cut up their eyelids are now under protection of the gorrilla.  a better option is for them to all immigrate to the gorilla land with the gorilla.

the un peace mission should consisted of equal numbers from major member nations, in this case china, russia, japan and america.  this will prevent two koreas from fighting and allow north korea to disarm and cease the torturous cult rev, and go to do economics like china and vietnam.   

china needs to respect north korea in order to win their respect.  but from the body language shown on tv, i think they love each other.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 20:17:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-3-5 19:53

all the south koreans who switch to xtians or cut up their eyelids are now under protection of the gorrilla.  a better option is for them to all immigrate to the gorilla land with the gorilla.

The US was there fighting for the UN, now it is there on its own.  
North Korea is now a member of the UN although it is not on the security council.
China does not like North Korea, too many illegal immigrants crossing its border in Liaoning creating social and ethnic tension in areas like Yanji.  
North Korea likes China a little, because they is where they get most of their money from, but they also think that China has sold out on communism and is getting closer to the rest of the world with every passing day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 20:54:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-3-5 04:17 AM

The US was there fighting for the UN, now it is there on its own.  
North Korea is now a member of the UN although it is not on the security council.
China does not like North Korea, too many ...

thanks for the infos.  but i need to dig a little deeper, since the situation is too similar to the time of china's cult rev.  so i m going to beijing on the 29.  that's the way i do historical research, or anything else.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 20:55:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-3-5 20:54

thanks for the infos.  but i need to dig a little deeper, since the situation is too similar to the time of china's cult rev.  so i m going to beijing on the 29.  that's the way i do historical ...

There is not much research to be done in Beijing
Better yet go to Yanji and speak Korean.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.