Author: chinadaily

Should Beijing follow Shanghai to relax household registration system? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-24 04:54:52 |Display all floors

Some additional food for thought on this issue.

ht tp://w ww.iht.c om/articles/2009/02/23/asia/migrants.1-435658.p hp
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-24 08:56:01 |Display all floors
I agree there needs to be some control because of the large gap between big cities like Shanghai and rural areas but I'm not sure the hukou system is all that effective. Afterall 30% of residents in SH are not permanent residents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-24 11:51:31 |Display all floors
Idiot,

You are definitely an I..t, at the beginning, I thought you were just a joke.

The Hukou is just a truely totalitarism measure to control where you are: the meaning is that you cannot do the work you want, you cannot move to the place you like, and , of course, everything about your life is controlled: when and how much children you can have (as those of pekin or shanghai not: what an inequality). Before criticize west (please, not generalize A WEST, peoples like you must be reminded that these criticizes come from peoples who saw the drama of some families destroyed by this system, the fear of the second children to be discovierd by auhorities, the fear when you have no choice but to pass trough the hukou to get a 'better' job to feed yourself and your family ), Hukou is a typical example of Mao politic to make people became ants, if possible not to clever, and good consummers, that's all we want of them.) People like you always must be reminded the considerable suffering price of your ideology.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-24 16:04:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-2-24 13:51
Idiot,

The Hukou is just a truely totalitarism measure to control ...

yasawakic, I think you were criticising the wrong person. Idiot8 was saying the same thing as you.
Where he appeared to be in favour of Hukou, he was being sarcastic.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-24 16:47:26 |Display all floors
It's a dumb system that never served any good purpose. It should never have been.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-24 16:57:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-2-24 11:51
Idiot,

The Hukou is just a truely totalitarism measure to control where you are: the meaning is that you cannot d ...

yes I am opposed to the Hukou.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-4 09:39:42 |Display all floors

household registration

Although I do not want to register in Beijing,I still believe it is better to relax the restriction to Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.