Author: gorbachev

Marrige of boy and bitch [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-4 23:00:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-3-4 20:57

In YOUR society, marry a baby with a dog is a strange (and disgusting) thing, but the problem is that 1) we are not talking about YOUR society or YOUR culture, so please dont take YOUR cultur ...

you don't need to emphasize "YOUR"...apparently we hold different opinions.

I never deny the diversity of cultures in this world. And yes, this marriage between a baby and a dog could be one example of their own culture. But it doesn't make sense in my eyes, in most of people's eyes. I am just saying what I personally think. There's one thing called superstition which many people look down upon( esp. nowadays since we've been educated to believe in science), not because it's not our way of doing things, but that it cheats, covering the eyes from the truth. And that's why it's going downhill, losing more and more supporters. That's the fact, the majority.

Different concepts on marriage, on the meaning of life exist, I do admit that. But people get to pick side---when you have agreed with some notion, you can't say yes to the opposite ones---leaving you to have to say no!!

In this specific case we care more about human nature---that's marriage is the product of love, or at least, it's a human activity. You can't overlook the fact that, as mentioned, the baby's father does want him to be married(normally) to a girl when he's grown up. What's that supposed to mean? What's their culture about marriage really about?....Then this act of binding a boy to a dog is not the real reflection of their culture value. It's an interim way out to get rid of predicted death. It's like we do sth. special( say wearing an auspicious dress, or buying a fixed number of things and etc.) on certain occasions to secure good luck. But we never resort to such drastic method as putting marriage on stake!---simply because it's the true thing we hold on and treasure. If as you said it's their belief, how can you explain the father's paradoxical words? If they are really as what I think---to get away with tragedy in the name of marriage which they define in the same way as we most people do---it's superficial, not to mention superstitious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 14:18:58 |Display all floors

Reply #6 yasawakic's post

Wow,wow.... Our self-claimed anthropologist made his great theory on culture and ethnics....But I just feel that a  feather-headed was frenziedly howling....

Don't take it for granted that you know something about culture, ethnics,etc... Had you ever read that post carefully? That boy's marriage with a dog was simply decided by unreasonable prediction but not conforming to the so-called culture....If I tell you that you're to be striken by an accident and ask you to marry a dog to avoid fatal death...Will you do that? Do you think that's culture? I'm curious that which country has such a ridiculous culture....  

Moreover, don't overtly call other people ignorant or racist in a public forum. By doing that, you just humiliate yourself.
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.