Author: mollyshan

Tibet Facts and Figures! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-21 15:06:25 |Display all floors
Satsu is right... Han just represent 6.1% of the total Tbtan population.
But what do these graphs show...? Not much, because it's pretty hard to represent feelings such as "frustration", "hapiness" or "pride" on graph.

Whatever, there are some people there who are unhappy. Why can't we know what are their exact problems?
We all talk about problems in Tbt without knowing the actual demands of its people.
And what if these demands could be simply heard by China and somehow pleased, at least partially? Would it be a simple way to calm people down?
DId anybody tried to talk to Tbtan people and get there opinion straight?
I knew one here in Bj. he was totaly out of political matters...but he's been sudenly arrested just before OG...and kept somewhere for 2 months. Nobody knew where he was. When he's been released, he refused to talk about this "experience" and seemed really traumatized ...  he managed to flee away from China.
Since I have seen that, I just ask myself why do China have to act this way...  
I would be very glad to see real tbtan people talking for themself in CD's forum. Not you?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-2-21 15:22:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2009-2-21 16:06

I would be very glad to see real tbtan people talking for themself in CD's forum. Not you?

Real ones, yes, but not the stooges from the Southern slopes of the big mountains or those who are living in the West and try to orchestrate anti Chinese demonstrations wherever they've an opportunity.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2009-2-21 04:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-2-21 15:42:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2009-2-21 16:06

Whatever, there are some people there who are unhappy. Why can't we know what are their exact problems?

Fredius oh Fredius,

There will always be some people, anywhere around the world, who aren't happy. Happiness can not be measured and it's not the duty of any government to make everybody happy.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2009-2-21 04:45 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-21 18:10:04 |Display all floors

Who cares what you think ?

SS the Spin doctor is again regaling us with his version of the universe. I do agree with him on one point though : the liberation of Tibet was not peaceful because His Holiness started an armed insurrection and started killing people . This was the start of the rebellion and insurgency , carried out with the panache of a squad of well drilled keystone-cops . Thus the disaster His Holiness left to his followers .

SS , it matters not what you think my friend . The Tibetans are happy , The PRC is in control and you can piss into the winds whenever you like .  Still leeching on the Chinese welfare for survival huh ? Teaching English ?!  It is like the blind teaching colors ! Blah .

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-2-21 18:49:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-2-21 18:13

By the way, Teab. will be off limits to laowais for quite some time - again

I'm aware of it. This is not for a long time. It should be ok again come the month of May.

Isn't this understandable? The T Y C  on behalf of his "holiness" have planned some special events for next month. With no Western friends to applaud chances are that the PR effect is blown with the wind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-21 21:51:43 |Display all floors
it is very good,
every should go to Tibet to help them.so its development  is  for certainly much rapider. !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-22 16:18:33 |Display all floors

Reply #16 satsu_jin's post

only 3 million people!
and such a large area.....

gosh! it must be the most pristine territory in the whole world.

i doubt there is must politics, people's life couldn't be much affected by any administrators.....
population is SO SPARSE.....

WONDER what's the whole ruckus about this region...

it's like saying Alaska needs liberation!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.