Author: mollyshan

Tibet Facts and Figures! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-3 05:08:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Aussie Aussie A at 2009-7-27 04:34
As an Australian I would like to distance myself from emucentrel

Why all the hate? That is not what Australia is all about

The DL was a supporter of slavery. End of story! This I have heard from the mouth of a Tbtn myself!...

Where, Aussiex2.167, have I promoted hate in this thread ?

Now, as to the DL, have we established that he actually wishes to return to the old days of slavery ?
Or has he moved on like China has moved on from Eunuchs and foot binding ?

Oh and BTW, Aussiex2.167, I guess you are gonna find Tbtns with as many different opinions as there are Tbtns.
We know that there are some who support the CCP and Beijing, and we know there are some who risk life and limb escaping to Nepal.
The opinion of one bloke you work with, possibly intimidated by being surrounded by pro CCP types, is not going to represent the entire Tbtn nation.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2009-8-3 07:09 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-3 05:10:55 |Display all floors

Oh, and why the fcuk..

Was my original response, post #73, to Aussiex2.167 removed ????
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-3 08:07:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by funtogo at 2009-8-2 19:31

A certain loudmouthed birdy from Melbourne is best treated as a foul fart- let it blow away.

Gone with the wind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-7 16:58:22 |Display all floors

Tibet is doing very well without the Dalai Lama. He is becoming IRRELEVANT.

Tibet is doing very well

Tibet is doing very well

If you consider the fact that the CCP has banned display of photos of the DL, and that it had rejected DL's selection of the Panchen Lama, and yet Tibet is relatively stable...actually very stable ...to the point of being unshakeable... despite the occasional riots and ongoing racial tensions.  The tensions will decrease and diminish with time if economy propers and the prosperity is spread more equitably.

The reason is the CCP has liberated the masses from slavery and serfdom.   And that is 95% of the population!

Even Dalai Lama's elder brother (the one that can speak Mandarin) was anxious that the Tibetans would give their allegiance to the CCP, he said in the 1950s, if Lhasa local government refused to implement reforms and the CCP did.  He knew his people well and he was definitely right!

The 2008 rioters and mobs were mainly the younger generation who had no knowledge of the old days and they got sucked up by the DL's propaganda, and were exploited and deceived by them into action because of their relative poverty.  And as always the case, the monks loyal to the DL were leading them.

So, the Serfs Emancipation Day is a very good idea. Celebrate it every year , and once every 5 and 10 years celebrate it in a BIG BIG WAY to remind the Tibetans and the international community what Tibet was like when the DL was on the throne!

Also there should be a book published (in all major languages) that record the testimonies of those who were liberated.  There used to be a book by Israel Epstein.  But the book needs an updating.  It contains too much "Cultural Revolution" baggage.  Do it while the older generation is still alive!  Try to get at least 100 personal testimonies, with their photos, names, etc.  This will be part  of the historical record.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-6 22:51:06 |Display all floors

tt

changes happen everyday, i believe it  .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.