Views: 6833|Replies: 10

Restaurants, shops and places to have a rest/a drink in Beijing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-13 21:27:18 |Display all floors
Hi,

I am planning to visit Beijing (a 2-week stay) and I'd like to know if people could recommend me any particularly good places to eat local food, to shop (clothing; general or language bookshops; high-tech...), to have a drink, to have a rest (such as parks), any good cybercafe or any good karaoke!...

Thank you
Valéry
做英语法语翻译。

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-2-14 09:35:18 |Display all floors
If you look for foreign language books I recommend you the 'Foreign Language Bookstore' at 235 Wangfujing Dajie, Dongcheng District
Otherwise visit Haidian Book City at 36, Haidian Xidajie. There you'll find about 150 to 200 book stores (biggest and most update collection in Beijing) although I believe that English publications are limited.

What kind of restaurants and drink places are you looking for? Can you give some more details?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 09:59:44 |Display all floors

ask your taxi driver & hotel concierge...

you dont need to stress yourself out like that...BE a traveller not a tourist  

BTW...get down & get with it, SIS is the best way to appreciate the environment surroundin you  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 20:14:47 |Display all floors

It's because I don't want to be a tourist but like any other Chinese :-))

Hi Ny and Satsu,

I am not stressed at all, by the way why should I??? It's just that when you stay a short time in such a big city as Beijing is, you want to go straight to the best/most interesting places that most of the time are not in any city guide... Of course I will visit the very touristic places but I also want to be, for a couple of days, like a Chinese who knows all the tricks of Beijing :-)  And how come tourists always have to go only to touristic places, it doesn't make any sense, does it!
As for restaurants and bars, I am looking for authentic and original NOT touristic places! I want to see China as it is REALLY not as they want me to see it :-)

Cheers
Valéry
做英语法语翻译。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 22:15:57 |Display all floors

oops, done it again...

your screename confused me a little (called you sis early)  

you've said yourself (why hang out in acapulco/cancun when you have so many places in mexico); therefore, you're not an amateur but a player  ;P

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-2-14 22:18:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by valeryb at 2009-2-14 21:14

There are thousands of different restaurants all over the city. Whether it is Chinese food (any kind), Asian or Western food, you'll find in Beijing what you're looking for. If you're really a first time visitor to Beijing you should not miss a visit to one of Beijings 'Peking Duck' restaurants. Recommendable is the 'Beijing Dadong Roast Duck' Restaurant. They have several outlets. The main restaurant is in Bldg. No 3, Tuanjiehu Beikou, East Third Ring Road. This is in the Chaoyang district. If you look of other restaurants, just ask the hotel reception. I'm sure they can help you. As for 'drinking places'. If you prefer to drink late at nite ;) , just visit the Sanlitun area (maaaany bars) or Nuren jie (Ladies' street).  Karaoke is available at KTV's (not cheap). There are dozens of KTV's all over the city. Recommendation: don't go alone, best to go with people who speak Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 22:41:24 |Display all floors

thx Satsu

Do you mind giving me all the addresses you mentioned in Chinese characters... and thx again. I appreciate your help!
做英语法语翻译。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.