Views: 8230|Replies: 9

How are black people viewed in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-13 14:25:22 |Display all floors
I have met a lot of Chinese who tell me they don't like black people. When I asked why, the answers were always the same: because black people are dirty and because they are dangerous. The only black man who escaped this judgement was Barack Obama, who in the majority of cases is seen as a nice person.

So my question is: why this racism against black people? Are answers like the ones I received very common in China? What are the feelings of Chinese on black people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-19 20:10:51 |Display all floors
I met a black ,an American,my impression is he was smart and relaxed ,like thinking problems with his head.in our communication he told me the real
principle which could make you wealth is economize.I say we have prejudice of black.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-21 20:27:51 |Display all floors

Sad

I'll give you a good example that somes it up.

My ex Chinese girlfriend and I were on holiday. We ate in a Cinese resteraunt were there were no other Chinese people in the town, or anywhere near a days drive. The Chinese running the resteraunt WERE COLD.

They showed, AND HAD, No interest in the fact another one of there people was there with them in this far away place.

I am Australian. I said, if we were far away, and I ran into other Australians, there would be an instant comraderie. A Chinese person doesnt care so much about othersm, as they do their immediate interests.

The Black Man, serves little use to Chinese peoples advancement. Moreover, given they are a minority in the west, and very rare in Asia........a very primitive mindset is used. The unfamiliarity of freely mixing with others is made apparent.

When you hear references to Blacks looking like apes, that is also a cultural insensitivity...not an inherent dislike. You watch Chinese officials bow at Obamas feet when he visits China and they roll out the red carpet.

What you thought was an Ape, now becomes your superior when he is your guest. Change your mindset, and warm up.

Bai Ai rong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-22 00:24:32 |Display all floors

so far i have only heard it from your mouth...

Originally posted by Bai Ai rong at 2009-2-21 07:27
I'll give you a good example that somes it up.

My ex Chinese girlfriend and I were on holiday. We ate in a Cinese resteraunt were there were no other Chinese people in the town, or anywhere nea ...

and STOP pretendin who you are  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-22 21:00:51 |Display all floors
With open mouths and bended knee...
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 11:43:23 |Display all floors
The only thing you can do is, hold up your own dignity and ignore what other peope think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 13:16:51 |Display all floors

Reply #1 laohu's post

As we all know, if we want to get full respects from others , the first thing we should do is respecting other people .So, we should not look down upon black people even though some o them are dirty or lazy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.