Author: mariame

To ban the fireworks or not? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-12 05:01:26 |Display all floors

Now what did you mother say about...

... talking with strangers?  Same goes for investments and subcontracting out fireworks.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 05:13:46 |Display all floors

mami just as bad as her KIDDS...

she gamblin with her retirement home in NAM  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 08:34:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2009-2-11 17:33
Accusing me of totalitarian thinking is too funny.

Mountaineers do not endanger others only themselves.

Germany until now has no "speed limits"  on autobahns, which I hate.

Drive ...

I am sad to hear your wife's sad story. Even with strict rules and regulations, incidents of fireworks happen every year. I can imagine how your wife feels just at the sight of fireworks. I hope she will recover soon from the terrible experience.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 08:55:12 |Display all floors
They should definately be banned.  Thankfully fireworks were banned within our apartment complex and the security guards did a good job of enforcing it. Those big fireworks are a serious danger when being used around buildings, any flamable objects left on balconies could easily ignite.

There are enough security guards at buildings around Shanghai to easily enforce a ban and local governments should organise fireworks shows in parks so that people can still get their fix.

There was a guy on TV last night arguing that there's no point banning them because you cannot completely stop it and that more people die from traffic accidents so why not ban driving too....ridiculous arguments and not even challenged by the host.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 12:49:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ruserious at 2009-2-12 08:55
They should definately be banned.  Thankfully fireworks were banned within our apartment complex and the security guards did a good job of enforcing it. Those big fireworks are a serious danger whe ...

Not ban,of course !

Do not due to one more accidents by firecracker then ban this tradition which centuries-old history.

It's would be humdrum and inanimate.

It's just regain such actions which had banned for many years.

It's not easy to renew such actions.

Now let this hide again?

Though many accidents happened by fireworks,we should more care about the regulation of set off firecrackers,emphasis more attention safety oneself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 13:13:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jiefang at 2009-2-12 12:49

Not ban,of course !

Do not due to one more accidents by firecracker then ban this tradition which centuries-old history.

It's would be humdrum and inanimate.

It's just regain such actio ...

Ban, of course!
I can't feel the festival atmosphere with the introduction of fireworks. Death, injury and material loss are their byproduct. It is right that restrictions should be imposed when igniting the fireworks. But will it be a bliss for us all to ban them completely?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 14:05:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-2-12 04:10
Still pissed about Bernie fleecing you, I take it?

I like shrug,it's the obviously different from easterners.

I have lots of impacts about the shrug by wacth U.S.movies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.