Author: mariame

Chinese PM shoe protester pleads not guilty! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-13 10:44:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-2-12 19:00

This will improve as soon as shoe throwing is an Olympic competition.

The leaders of every country should practise the skills of dodging a shoe. Plus, shoes are prohibited on such occasions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-13 14:00:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shameless at 2009-2-11 18:45

He's not stupid.
He got paid well and he knows that he'll get away with it.

Perhaps we should concentrate on the Baghdad thrower.
He's still hidden with all his sores after the beating.

different standards they have to treat others. Just in near past Asia have winessed during colonial rule, punishment for  aiming a gun  towards white rulers was to death sentence. (no matter white ruler get hurt or not).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-13 16:07:03 |Display all floors
Give him a bullet~ He should know what to to~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-13 16:43:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-2-12 18:45

Thanks thepeop for your info.
As I said, the remarks reported, which I responded to, used the word "despicable" instead of "lowly".
I agree wholeheartedly that "lowly ...

I don't think lowly is an proper word. Lowly means humble in manner, or having or suited for a low rank or position. How does the word describe his behaviour of throwing a shoe to our beloved Premier?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 04:17:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2009-2-13 18:43
I don't think lowly is an proper word. Lowly means humble in manner, or having or suited for a low rank or position. How does the word describe his behaviour of throwing a shoe to our beloved Premiere ...

Lowly can be used in the context reported, meaning low or uncivilised rather than modest/humble.
Yes, Mariame, your Premiere may be beloved and respected in China, however I imagine he was seen as a representative of a vast political system with which the shoe-wielding student disagreed.
He was from Germany, and millions of Germans lived under an oppressive Communist Dictatorship for decades.
Every politician of each end of the spectrum will receive the attention of kooks, pr0testers and so on. The best thing they can do for themselves is to casually brush off the typical pr0test and not get too upset.
That way they earn the respect of people, by rising above the provocation.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 13:06:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-2-11 15:25

Hmm, not sure about the "good sport" bit.
Wen was reported at reacting with "“this despicable behavior cannot stand in the way of friendship between China and the U.K.”
I thin ...

bush do the wrong war at iraq,so i think it is normal to happen the " shoe throwing ",and  bush also can be realized what would happen when visting iraq.so maybe it was expected. but  Premier Wen Jiabao is a kindly man,i was shocked when i heard this news.wen is a
good sport man .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-14 16:59:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joanna_ye at 2009-2-14 15:06
bush do the wrong war at iraq,so i think it is normal to happen the " shoe throwing ",and  bush also can be realized what would happen when visting iraq.so maybe it was expected. but  Premier Wen Jiabao is a kindly man,i was shocked when i heard this news.wen is a
good sport man .

Well that is all a matter of opinion. I can understand you have high regard for Premier Wen, many do and not just in China. However there are issues such as handling issues in Tbt, Twn, and XinJng as well as the rampant corruption in the CCP, where many are not satisfied and see Mr. Wen as representing those respnsible, regardless of his personal involvement.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.