Author: mariame

Chinese PM shoe protester pleads not guilty! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-12 12:57:20 |Display all floors
TP,

Especially one that will work well with a foreign audience.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 18:45:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2009-2-12 04:29
Wen's response was laid-back- he waited for the guy to finish shouting, watched the shoe hit the stage, waited for him to be taken out, then said in his normal level voice 'This kind of lowly stunt will never stand stand in the way of British-Chinese relations'.  

Thanks thepeop for your info.
As I said, the remarks reported, which I responded to, used the word "despicable" instead of "lowly".
I agree wholeheartedly that "lowly" , if that is the word Wen used, has a very different implication.
It certainly shows Wen in a different light.

As I said in an earlier post, I have a more positive impression of Wen than I have of Bush, and I hope "lowly" was the actual word used (well the Chinese equivalent) rather than the equivalent of "despicable".
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 18:58:02 |Display all floors
honestly why can no one in the world land a good hit from close range with a shoe?  Is the state of athleticism among young people in the world truly so bad that they cannot hit a stationary target?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-2-12 19:00:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-2-12 19:58
honestly why can no one in the world land a good hit from close range with a shoe?  Is the state of athleticism among young people in the world truly so bad that they cannot hit a stationary target?

This will improve as soon as shoe throwing is an Olympic competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 19:01:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2009-2-12 09:49
There are leaders. Like Bush.  Then again, there are great men. Like Premier Wen.

What differentiates leaders from great men is what they do AFTER events such as this takes place.  

In the ca ...

No charges were filed against the Iraqi journalist and he was released after it was determined that his shoe was just a shoe, and not some sort of weapon.  

The problem for the Iraqi is that he was a journalist, how many press conferences will he be invited to if this is how he acts?  Also many in the Iraqi community while they may hate bush to not respect his actions.  There are better ways to show your anger than throwing your shoes and spurting insults.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 22:03:08 |Display all floors

Where do your no charges come from

Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-2-12 20:01

No charges were filed against the Iraqi journalist and he was released after it was determined that his shoe was just a shoe, and not some sort of weapon.  

BAGHDAD, Feb. 8, 2009 (Reuters) — The journalist who threw his shoes at former U.S. President George W. Bush will face trial on February 19 for assaulting a visiting head of state, with a maximum 15-year prison term, a court official said on Sunday.
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre5170vv-us-iraq-shoe/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-13 09:42:28 |Display all floors

Bad guy looks like bad guy

German pathology research student, Martin Jahnke, 27, leaves Cambridge Magistrates court on February 10, 2009 in Cambridge, England. Jahnke threw a shoe at Premier Wen Jiabao during his speech last week at Cambridge University was released on unconditional bail yesterday by a court.
上传图片.jpg
上传图片2.jpg
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.