Author: laoxianggg

英美银行中的Vice President不是副总裁 - 转自英语点津,源自新浪博客 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-4 14:46:00 |Display all floors

All of you are good,and this talk is interesting.

But in there,i want to talk about some of my ideas.     About the "director",it can be translate as。。。。
1.主任
2.局长
3.董事

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-3 15:23:12 |Display all floors

faint...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-6 01:33:11 |Display all floors

Don't pay too much attention to VP or other titles.

Every company has its own structure. I give up finding the right level long time ago. If I am really intersted in the level of VP, I will ask how the corporate structure in that company is. My company has 6 levels: Principal, Associate Principal, Senior Associate,  Associate, two other basical levels. The competitor of my company has one more level: Senior Principal which is at the same level as Principal in my company. It doesn't serve much sense by looking at the title only. You need see how much it means in that specific company. Basically the title serves two purposes only: class and salary. Some company creates a lot of layers for the salary purpose only.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-7 23:19:38 |Display all floors
可能文化差异吧。。deputy president可能不是很正规的英语说法
Beautiful tomorrows begin today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 13:54:05 |Display all floors
The point is extreme!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-24 17:25:39 |Display all floors
vice-president should be  stands for associate deputy as far as president is concerned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-5 04:13:50 |Display all floors
The board (董事会) represents the share holders to supervise the operation of the company. The president (CEO) and the vice-presidents are responsible to manage the company. The board has the power to fire the president, although it is not uncommon that the president is also the owner of the company, especially for a small company.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.