Author: greatlady

As a daughter of family,when do I become ONLY the money-making machine? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-10 12:38:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-6 19:20
When I think about that,I feel deeply sad inside.It was like more than 10 years, I sent money to my parents every year,whatever how hard life I had outside of the city without any friends and famil ...

Many Chinese parents are baised towards their sons and daughters. They treat them differently,sometimes from their early age. They always hold the traditional idea that a son can take care of them when they are getting old while a daughter not. Moreover, your brother seems to lead a bad life.
Just keep the money and give them when they are in urgent need.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-10 12:53:31 |Display all floors
I only heard your voice that is  complaining yourself or your family, but  these is no action you need do to provent that from worsening more.

First, You have no arranging on money given your parents every year even though there are great deal of money in your account.

Second,you have no plan to use your money you hardly earn.

Three,your mother is more selfish if you are chinese,As a first children in your family you should be aware of contributing more to your family than your brother,which is your obligation.But I sense your personal life cycle is mixed up into confusion now, meanwhile I can feel you are frustrated, which is not necessary.

Do you agree this is not your faults?

[ Last edited by loststar at 2009-2-10 01:02 PM ]
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 02:36:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-10 11:26
[quote]Originally posted by thunderbird at 2009-2-8 22:29

my parents are like that before until he got illness and had to retired.for my guessing as a human being,maybe he found his son ...

It is only humane for you to help your parents out as much as you can within your limits

A wise person would never kill the goose that lay the golden egg

As a daughter, I believe you have good feelings about your parents when they are not sucking you dry!

And it is morally right to lend a helping hand if they are in dire poverty!

But you need to draw the line

So the goose (you) can keep laying golden eggs and not be strangled!     :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 02:49:28 |Display all floors

greatlady, one question:

Do you have children of your own?  If you do, the question about supporting your parents is over - you have your own family to support, period.  Your parents bet on the wrong child, and they have lost.  It is sad, but it is also life.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 13:40:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-6 19:20
When I think about that,I feel deeply sad inside.It was like more than 10 years, I sent money to my parents every year,whatever how hard life I had outside of the city without any friends and famil ...

I am so sorry to hear about your story.

and I am absolutely sure you are a good daughter with filial piety to your parents and brother.

in my opinion, you should cut down your moeny to your parents at once. only give money back to your parent on some special days,

such as spring festival, parents' birthday, mid-autumn festival etc.

as you know, you always satisfied your parents by giving money you could to them, but regretful for you that they always saved your

money to your brother, even left their house to him, never considered your status as their bloodly true daughter, right?

in addition, even so, your brother don't take great effort to support himself, only relied on your parents, actually relied on his sister/yo

u indirectly. :L this will be never beneficial for him to support himself in future, right?! :handshake

but you should never terminate the relationship with your parents and brother. after all, you all are the families for sure. and your par

ents gave your life and brought-up you until graduation from university, right?!

I think you shouldn't pay any pigue to them, never do that. you just think about how to handle and deal with this issue well. i think yo

u absolutely will give your great support on them once they are in embarrassment in future. you should take action let them know ac

tually you have played your roler as daughter/sister well before and they shoudn't think, do and treat you that as before in future.:hu

g::handshake

hope everything will be fine to you. good luck.:handshake

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 13:43:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-2-11 02:49
Do you have children of your own?  If you do, the question about supporting your parents is over - you have your own family to support, period.  Your parents bet on the wrong child, and they have l ...

Maybe not merried yet,..
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-12 15:47:41 |Display all floors
I do not want you all feel sorry and bad about me.
As a daughter of my parents,it is my obligation to support them if they need me..There is no question about it...

What I feel sadly is about their wrong mind-sets of which is only the son who is important for them ,for the next generation,for raising up children with their family name...it's not only one case,it's a case for most of old generation of Chinese.

I heard many stories of Chinese women who want to have a baby boy,when they find the baby is a girl,they will go abortion or continue to have one more until it were confirmed a boy..

I thank you here for all of you drop your opion or regardness to me,I feel much better after releasing here..no more compliants...I am very fine now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.