Author: greatlady

As a daughter of family,when do I become ONLY the money-making machine? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-8 16:34:56 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by thunderbird at 2009-2-6 22:30

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions.

yes,I learned a lesson.I should draw a line between that.No more money for my parents would be cruel to hear.I will only give them at special days . better in Chinese New Year!

If they want to suck more from me,sorry,they lose the daughter forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-8 16:41:38 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by iamlost at 2009-2-6 19:49
And I hate to say it but your parents seem to be typically biased in taking care of issues between the son and the daughter!

I even didn't realize that before until my brother 's time to get marriage.I have nothing to say when my father told my brother that the apartment in the city is for his marriage. that apartment I even do not have a key for that,and the time when my father had it I was the time I were in university .Yeah,very short time for me living there then...I can not find the way if no body tells me how to be there...
the thing is that is not fair...very unfair.

the first year when I started to work,my father told me to send the money to him so that he can save for me..
Now I do not believe that he can return that for me..
I will have nothing If I do not fight for that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-8 16:42:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-2-6 21:57
... borrower nor a lender be.

- William Shakespeare

yeah,money always a problem for US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-8 17:37:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-8 16:41
[quote]Originally posted by iamlost at 2009-2-6 19:49
And I hate to say it but your parents seem to be typically biased in taking care of issues between the son and the daughter!

That must have been a hard blow....But as you've made up your mind now it's time to draw a line, I believe you will handle in a better way~

I don't think it'll be useful enough if you bring the problem out with your parents now...too late I guess...They have the mindset on providing everything for your brother...Just leave it, even at some emotional cost....it's not easy to have everything well taken care of, and impossible...

Wish you good luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-8 22:29:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-8 16:34
I will only give them at special days . better in Chinese New Year!

If they want to suck more from me,sorry,they lose the daughter forever.

I support your action plan

Parents should not love money more than their children

If they do

They would lose all the respect that their children have for them!     :)

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-2-9 04:10:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-6 19:20
When I think about that,I feel deeply sad inside.It was like more than 10 years, I sent money to my parents every year,whatever how hard life I had outside of the city without any friends and famil ...

I do not know the details I think your parents should have respected your labour  and support you more.
Ask for your rights.People forget their obligations even when they are parents.You have to remind that to them.Ask for your rights otherwise you will be regarded as the easy solution and shelter for them.

I supported my family for many years but at that time it was only me who could work.All the rest were either old or ill.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-10 11:26:15 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by thunderbird at 2009-2-8 22:29

my parents are like that before until he got illness and had to retired.for my guessing as a human being,maybe he found his son is till not able to support him and the family,so he tried every way to get my money and saved for his bad days coming...maybe what he did is from his insecurity and fears...maybe...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.