Views: 3654|Replies: 0

understanding the questions fully [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-4 16:23:31 |Display all floors
Understanding
Days ago, I watched the live broadcast of cctv english speaking contest.Amazed at the eloquence of the contestants,I was greatly impressed by their quick-response, and their fluency in speaking a foreign language.
Yet, some of the competitors seemed not understand what the challengers were trying to bring about.From time to time,the panelists reminded the contestants of answering the questions directly.What did the comeptitors do?Instead of focusng on the questions themselves,the competitors appeared so ignorant of what the panelists were talking about.
When thinking about the speeches,different complexes flashed upon my mind . onone hand, the competitors commanded english so well that they were even able to give speeches in a foreign language for several minutes without stopping for a second.It was evident that teaching and learning a foreign language achieved a great deal.
On the other hand, their lack of understanding really saddened me profusely.When being posed a question, the contestants tried their best to state another different thing to make the challengers confused.when being recalled them of concentrating on the topics,once again, the contestants emphasized the topics,claiming that they were discussing about the topics.
Then I began to realize that listening to the questions are fairly imprtant.So, dear competitors, do please go to listen to the questions first, and respond to them when you understand them totally.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.