Author: chinpatriot

The future of the Chinese language [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-19 15:19:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinpatriot at 2009-1-18 11:14 PM

Why don't you learn Chinese?

Chinese is the language of the future.

most western barbarians would find it easier to goto war with china than learn the chinese language.  america, especially, has the habit of bomb away anything it can not understand.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 15:22:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2009-1-19 10:57
English is the world's lingua franca thanks to Britain, not the US. China will never see itself with the sort of power and influence the British had because that time is gone.

Obviously,   China will have to rely on soft power and diplomacy  in order to project its influence around the world to a greater extent than the British and the Americans did in the past.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 15:32:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-1-19 13:14

I spent a while in the RoK.  Half of the country is Seoul and its suburbs, but I also visited the north east and the deep south although I missed Busan and never made it to Jaejudo.  It is fair ...

I really enjoyed my previous trip to South Korea.

I just love Korean food.

And I learned to read Korean in one week.

The Korean writing script is the most logical and one of the easiest to learn in the world.   

The Korean writing script is actually much easier to learn than the English writing script.

Somehow,  I never quite understood why China did not adopt the Korean writing script in order to promote literacy among Chinese people over all those previous centuries of Chinese history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 16:00:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinpatriot at 2009-1-19 15:32

I really enjoyed my previous trip to South Korea.

I just love Korean food.

And I learned to read Korean in one week.

The Korean writing script is the most logical and one of the easies ...

The Korean script is very easy but it does not convey the meaning of the word as well.  For instance there is not different between the word for mountain and three you need to read the context for everything.

The Korean script while invented over 500 years ago did not become completely dominant until after Korea broke free of Chinese control only to fall to the Japanese.  It was then that the Japanese outlawed Hangeul and that in turn made it all the rage to use.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-1-19 16:22:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinpatriot at 2009-1-19 16:32

Somehow,  I never quite understood why China did not adopt the Korean writing script in order to promote literacy among Chinese people over all those previous centuries of Chinese history.

Are you serious? Why would China give up part of her culture? Hangeul is an alphabet like script. Even in present day RoK Chinese characters (Hanja) are still used in newspapers, advertisments etc. A person's grade of education is often known from the number of Hanja he/she knows/uses. In the RoK Hanja was never completely given up. Only in the North the use of Hanja is strictly forbidden. Over there younger or middle aged people cannot read even the most simple Hanja anymore. Everthing is written in Joseongeul as Hangeul is called in the North.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2009-1-19 05:44 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 18:10:18 |Display all floors

Reply #28 satsu_jin's post

u know some much about different cultures wat about chics?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-1-19 20:42:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whit3dov3s at 2009-1-19 19:10
u know some much about different cultures wat about chics?

Whit3,

1/ I believe that this is the wrong BBS to discuss this.  
2/ Why is such a wonderful girl like you interested in chicks?
3/ Shouldn't you be more interested in boys?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.